1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS whacked out

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Jake Benson, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Jake Benson

Jake Benson New Member

My GPS has worked about six times over the last 2 months I've had this Droid x. I am about ready to junk the whole thing. Mostly it just reads 'searching for directions" with a spinning red arrow. It also always says "searching for GPS" at the bottom of the screen. I have every thing turned on pertaining to GPS. Also, the voice commands and turn by turn directions rarely work. It will show a map of how to get to the destination, but no turn by turn directions or voice commands. For example, on occasion, when it works, it will speak and show certain commands like, "2.5 miles turn left at so and so."

I think the whole unit is defective. Any suggestions?

Jake
  2. tj1772

tj1772 New Member

Did you update google map. Sometimes if it acts up you have to power off. If this does not work then you have issues. When I have issues I just exit out of navigation and it clears whatever is hanging.