GPS not working - how to *completely* revert to stock?

CasparV

Reaction score
Hello,

I live in Europe, but I have a Droid I would like to use as a GPS navigator (with CoPilot). Unfortunately, the GPS is not working ever since I tried to change from one custom ROM to another (can't remember which ones, unfortunately). I have tried flashing the SBF-file FRG83G with sbf_flash, this did not help though I expected this would completely revert my Droid to stock. After this, I've also tried updating to Peter Alfonso's stock rooted rom FRK76, but again: still no GPS fix.

As I am in Europe, I don't have any cellular network coverage and the phone is not activated. But airplane mode is off and everything beside calling and GPS seems to work.

I have absolutely no clues left on how to fix this problem. Can anyone give me any advice? I'd really like to use my Droid again.

Kind regards,

Caspar

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Sorry this reply is so late in coming. First go to menu -> settings -> location & security -> "Use GPS satellites" should be checked. Also make sure use wireless networks is checked as well for kicks. Also, if you can access the market (play store), install gps status. When you get that, open it and go to menu -> settings -> gps & sensors -> autodownload AGPS data -> and make sure one option is set there (except the never option). This _might_ get it fixed for you

good luck