Gps issues on droid 2

upangued

Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted already but I'm having an issue with my gps showing my correct location. It keeps saying that I'm in beverly hills when I'm not. Was having the issue before I rooted and flashed my phone. I'm a noob at this so I don't want to have to send it back to stock to send it back. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
U

upangued

Reaction score
After clicking on and off the gps options in the location settings it seems to have fixed itself. Not sure what the pproblem was

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Blkwdw86

Reaction score
We've been having similar gps problems here. GPS worked perfectly for months, no problems at all, until recently. Past three weeks or so, both my D2 and my wife's Incredible have had nearly non-functional GPS. Most of the time we can't get a fix at all, if it does, it parks us out in the Pacific about 400 miles off the Galapagos Islands. I've found that when I leave this particular region (I travel some), my GPS works perfectly, and occasionally works fine if I burn through a whole battery working on getting a decent fix. Because it affected two different phones at the same time, it's obviously not a phone defect. The only commonalities are Verizon's network, and recently installing internet with a wifi router at home. The wifi shouldn't have been an issue, I never bothered with using wifi on my phone (not even turning it on), until after I started having GPS issues. I've done everything, tried every combination of airplane mode, network, wifi, and GPS possible; used GPS Status; bought GPS Doctor (only paid app I've ever bothered with); upgraded to GB; corrected the gps.conf file supl server settings; calibrated the compass a thousand different ways; you name it, I've done it. Only thing I'm left to believe is that the network in this area somehow turns the power down on the gps radio, GPS Status shows very weak performance. Any theories?