GPS issue on Liberty 2.0.1

gambit07

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. Has anybody had an issue with GPS not locking on with Liberty? It was fine for me up until today, but today it has just been constantly blinking and won't get a lock accurate below 1000 meters. I've tried restarting the phone of course but that hasn't worked. I've tried getting signal in a couple different areas and have had no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

OP
gambit07

gambit07

Reaction score
Anyone? I downloaded GPS test and it shows 0 satellites in view, could this be an outage in michigan or did my gps chip just stop working?

beizhia

Reaction score
I'm having this problem since liberty 1.5. I can't see any satellites in gpstest. For months its been doing this, but yesterday after getting off a plane in Denver, I found 12 satellites immediately and had normal GPS functionality. After our connecting flight got off in Wyoming, I'm back to no satellites visible. I'm just about to lose my mind here...:icon_evil:

beizhia

Reaction score
Just fixed this to my phone - it was a loose battery cover.

I'm assuming that the little metal contact below the battery pull tab contacts the battery cover as a GPS antenna. By sliding the cover down, but holding it to the phone, my GPS sprung to life immediately and found 8 satellites. Took off the cover, no satellites visible in the GPS test app.

Hope that helps someone!