got the update yesterday and.......disappointed

305rev305

Reaction score
For you guys with the Bionic and still have data drops, just call Verizon and tell them they're not providing good service. I don't care if it's the service or device... If I'm paying a lot then I deserve what I pay for!

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Wow, I live in Philly and had my Bionic within a week or two after launch. Never had any of the issues listed above. There have been some data drops, but that was due to the network not my phone. Only issues I had were due to the confusing storage changes; sdcard/ sdcard-ext, apps disappearing (media area), and connecting the Bionic to PC with USB cable that worked some of the time. I think you guys received phones with bad hardware.

There's an app I found while reading about the ongoing CarrierIQ drama; Root Metrics, it's a useful tool to depict signal strength and data speed on a map. I've been using it since the Verizon 3G/4G network data drops last week. It might help you see if the problem is your phone or the signal strength of your service along the route you travel using your phone.

Edited: There are areas in Philly on the RM map that clearly show weak signal strength for 4G!

Last edited:

Scribble

Reaction score
Yeah I'm in the Philly area too (south jersey) and the data drops haven't been that bad for me, now with the update I haven't had one yet...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My battery and signal are great after the update. I would call Verizon or maybe factory reset if people are having problems. I am in western ny. Could be a bad tower too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Derekweb

Reaction score
That data problem I see is when you are in a fringe 4G area. Moving in and out of the cell border, the device hunts for a signal and can not decide which one to lock on to.

stikss

Reaction score
My phone is still dropping data, and one other thing is now it stops loading data halfway thru the webpage.... its very annoying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
resident psycho
Reaction score
I have had data roam checked from before, and it stills drops. And it sucks, love the phone, but the data drops really piss me off. I'll call Verizon and see what they can do.

Reaction score
My data issue actually seems worse. My second job is in a fringe 4g area. I switched it to cdma, and it still drops 3g. Last night was first chance to test since the ota. It was horrible.

mdalton8186

Reaction score
Little different problem

Since downloading the update on Monday or Tuesday I have come across a new problem. I listen to Tune In on the way to work ever day. Now when I plug in my the head phone jack to the FM Modulator my launches jeanie, vlingo, and the stock voice command app. This morning it started making calls through the apps and even opened up something on the internet. Has any one else had this problem? If so any fixes?

Verro84

Reaction score
My data issue actually seems worse. My second job is in a fringe 4g area. I switched it to cdma, and it still drops 3g. Last night was first chance to test since the ota. It was horrible.

Same here I live in Rome NY and finally got 4g 2 nights ago. I updated my phone and now every 5 min data goes away and its for like 20 min at a time. Its very annoying

Reaction score
Yeah I'm feeling like I'm having worse data drops in terms of frequency but sometimes they will pick themselves back up instead of having to restart. I'm gonna go complain I think finally...

dressagerider

Reaction score
Since the update I am getting dropped data and screen freezes regularly. Prior to installing the update I did not have these problems. Frustrating!

OP
resident psycho
Reaction score
Besides still dropping data have hissing still in headphone jack, I updated some apps today and guess what? Not enough space message still...What did this update do? This is bullsh!t and p!ssing me off....

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I've thoroughly enjoyed the update so far. faster browser and camera, and an overall smoother phone. However I get the feeling that this update was just to appease for a time instead of fixing the bigger issues. I love the phone either way, but I REALLY want to see what it's truly capable of.