1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Moto finally got Smart Actions right!Awesome battery life!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by nateohio, Dec 18, 2012.

1. nateohio

nateohio New Member

I've been waiting and waiting for Moto to finally get Smart Actions running right on the Bionic. I think they may have gotten it with the latest update!

I have a smart actions rule set up that shuts off mobile data, GPS, and Wifi when the screen is off to absolutely maximize the battery life available.

The issue I had with previous iterations of Smart Actions is when turning the screen back on, it would take 10-20 seconds to reconnect to the mobile data network...this is obviously unacceptable. This most recent update fixes that issue and it connects to the network within 2-3 seconds for me 90% percent of the time and almost never exceeds 5 seconds to reconnect.

The below screenshots are what I got yesterday on a standard battery with almost 2 hours of "screen on" time. So I did use the phone during this time.
    View attachment 59269 View attachment 59270
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  2. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

Thats awesome, I just got the update today, and I'm excited to try it out
  3. giant25

giant25 New Member

Can the new smart actions silence notifications at night when charging while still allowing phone calls to ring? The two volumes used to be merged in smart actions, curious if they broke them back out.
  4. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

Unfortunately, I don't think so. This is one of those (very) few things I miss from my Blackberry carrying days. I could turn all the notifications off, but the phone would still ring if someone called (was a sound profile called "Calls Only").
  5. Bacchus224

Bacchus224 New Member

The volume levels for phone and notification being tied together are the single reason that I do not use Smart Actions. I can silence notifications, but I have to be able to take calls 24/7. I use Automate It, and set up a rule for when I put the phone on my bedside dock.

If they would split those volume controls, I could dump an otherwise un-needed app.
  6. DoctorV

DoctorV New Member

I'd be nervous about turning off Data and GPS because if I ever lost my phone I wouldn't be able to use Where's My Droid to find it again.
  7. SigSoldat

SigSoldat New Member

I will have to give this another try. Smart Actions worked well for the first couple of weeks. Then it started turning off data and not turning it back on.

I tried toggling airplane mode, toggling data off/on, restarting the phone, etc. I finally had to force close Smart Actions before data would return. I tried several times and it happened each time.

I hope it works correctly because that helps my battery last all day long.
  8. nateohio

nateohio New Member

Don't be...I actually used where's my Droid with those settings last week...works just fine...I guess WMD overrides the smart actions settings

Sent from my HoB'd Bionic using tapatalk
  9. jcw122

jcw122 New Member

I've been doing this just fine with JuiceDefender for about a year now.
  10. nateohio

nateohio New Member

I tried juice defender a while back (probably more than a year ago) and didn't like it...at that time it suffered from the same things that smart actions did

Sent from my HoB'd Bionic using tapatalk
  11. deduct

deduct New Member

I just started using tasker(thanks eye dea). It has a bit of a learning curve just as the others but works well. And data recovers fast after screen turns back on.
  12. jcw122

jcw122 New Member

I'd be willing to bet it was a phone issue rather than app in that case. My phone had a delay too but some of the OTAs fixed it.
  13. Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep New Member

I love smart actions, been using it sense we got ics. Also, i have mine set up to not have any notifications but also let certain people calls to go thru. So yes it can be done
Search tags for this page
android smart actions battery saving
android smart actions let all phones ring
best battery life saver or smart actions
droid smart action save batter
how close to location before smart action is active
how to save battery on droid bionic
how to set up smart actions bionic
how to use smart actions to save battery

maximizing battery life of moto bionic

moto smart battery

motorola battery saver smart action