Got my Otterbox Commuter.

hydro556

Reaction score
I needed a case for my Rezound but didnt want something huge. I wanted moderate protection at a minimum.

I found the Commuter from Otterbox for about $18 on Amazon. Ordered it and it was here on the 2nd business day with free shipping.

I have never bought an OB case and had not even seen one for this device. I was quite surprised with how much I like it. I love the simple but effective rubber cover and the way the little piece of hard plastic fits right over.

Very simple design and it looks super effective. The Rezound already feels built like a tank, but I wanted to keep it in new condition. The OB Commuter will do this, and it does so without making the phone huge.

I dont think I can overstate how much I like this case initially. Really love the design and the way it feels in hand. Really good protection all around with all the port covers.

I didnt realize it came with a screen protector. I havent tried it yet, and dont know that I will because I ordered a 3 pack of the best reviewed brand on Amazon, but dont recall the brand.

Has anyone tried the screen protecor that ships with the Commuter case? Should I try it out?

At any rate, for anyone on the fence about the Commuter, give it a shot. If I had to order another, and they were $50, I would still get it, great value at less than $20.

Reaction score
Can you easily slip it in and out of your pocket with the case on? I ordered the Incipio case because I thought the that the commuter might be hard to retrieve from my pocket with the silicone being exposed. I do not recommend the Incipio.

nmos

Reaction score
pagodasrevenge;207833 I do not recommend the Incipio.[/QUOTE said:
What don't you like about the Incipio?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nikecar

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the screen protecor that ships with the Commuter case? Should I try it out?

At any rate, for anyone on the fence about the Commuter, give it a shot. If I had to order another, and they were $50, I would still get it, great value at less than $20.

1) yes. its awesome. you cannot tell its on. however it can show fingerprints and oil.
2) from amazon, I wouldn't spend $50. I paid $22 for mine.

Can you easily slip it in and out of your pocket with the case on? I ordered the Incipio case because I thought the that the commuter might be hard to retrieve from my pocket with the silicone being exposed. I do not recommend the Incipio.

Yes. you can. Its easy to get in and out. The silicone though might pick up some lint, but rarely has it been an issue.

nmos

Reaction score
Hydro: Does the Otterbox have holes ib the back for the dual mics? I couldn't see them in the pictures.

nmos

Reaction score
It doesn't cover very much of the phone. The top and bottom are exposed as well as the whole face of the phone.

Thanks. It gets good reviews but it's hard to tell about the little details without having one in hand.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
i have both the incipio sylicrilic and the commuter. the commuter definitely gives more protection but not by a heck of a lot. it is overall thicker than the incipio but the incipio does cover all the main areas needed. my main gripe with the commuter is that the silicone button that triggers the screen on/off aka the power button is hit or miss. on the incipio it works every time with far less of a push.

Escobar

Reaction score
I got the defender from Amazon and I couldn't be happier. The front piece has a screen protector built in and while it takes away from the beauty of the screen a bit, the case provides unparalleled protection. I love my REZOUND, and I love my Otterbox case.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

andeejo

Reaction score
My daughter gave me a flying hug from behind at a baseball game the other day and my rezound I was holding went flying onto the gravel. I was lucky there was only a few minor scratches on the back. I do use a screen protector but was loving not having a case. My question is, if I get an otterbox will it trap in the heat from the back of the phone. My phone gets around 110 degress when im using certain games or heavy use. I dont want it to get hotter. Anyone know?

nmos

Reaction score
What would be great would be a removable screen protector that could be put on while hiking etc but left off for daily use.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Sorry guys, got sidetracked a bit.

I am still liking the case. As far as the dual mics question- I didnt realize the Rezound had dual mics. If one is on the top, left, side of the phone, there is a perfectly fitted hole there. And if the other is on the right hand, bottom side of the phone (between the "back" and "search" icons) then there is a perfectly fitted hole there as well.

Are these the locations of the dual mics?