Got a few Droid X Questions

tomcatguy74

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Today I went to my local VW dealer and played with the Droid family.
Here are some questions for you all.

1. Can the Droid X handle email like a Blackberry does? If I recieve an email on my AOL account, will the X notify me like my Blackberry does?

2. Does the Droid X or the Droid software automatically punctuate and capitalize like the Iphone and Blackberry does when writing texts and messages? Meaning when I type a sentence and hit the space 2 times will it put a period at the end of the sentence and captialize the next word?

3. I like to go to a website called "Flightlevel350.com" where I view alot of videos on aircraft. However I could watch them on the Droid Incredible and Droid 2 but not on the Droid X. Is this just a software adjustment problem? Does I need something turned on? I ran a test off that website on Javascript and cookies and it passed and everything on the browser settings was enabled.
Any Ideas?

I think I have settled with the X but just want to make sure.

Thanks
Robert

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
1) If AOL supports IMAP and push, then notifications should work fine. If not then it still might, but you may have to grab an email client other than the stock one. Worse case, you forward your AOL to a GMail account.

2) The stock keyboards do some of what you want. It auto capitalizes but will not punctuate with a double space. The beauty of the Android phone is that if you don't like the default keyboard, you can get another. Swiftkey, which you can get from the Market in both a free and payed version, will do what you want.

3) I went to your website and watched a video using the stock browser. It is possible that the Droid X you played with in the store did not yet have the Froyo 2.2 update, and therefor no Flash. Any phone you by right now (excluding third parties) should have the needed updates. Like keyboards, you can always shop around for a browser that suits you better than the stock one.

OP
T

tomcatguy74

Reaction score
Is there a Netflicks app out for it yet? I have it on my ipod.