GoSMS and sending MMS

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can help me set up GOSMS Pro so that I can send MMS? When I try to send a picture it just sits there with the green arrow and never actually sends.

Do I need to change some settings within the GoSMS Pro app to allow MMS?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. I have the same problem with Handcent. Sending MMS in the stock app is fine. Using Das BAMF Senseless 1.6.3 and I had this problem before I rooted too but want to fix it this time.

RotorJoe

Reaction score
2nd that! Same thing going on with me. Happens with stock SMS, hand cent SMS and Go SMS. I've uninstalled each and tried them one at a time. Can not send MMS. I am not rooted, running basically stock.

If anyone has any thoughts, they would greatly help.

Thx,
Joe

geoff5093

Reaction score
Works fine for me with GoSMS Pro, but it takes anywhere from 1-3 minutes to send.

HumanDroid

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question - but I just got a TB. Why do you need an app to send and receive text messages? Just curious... thanks =)

RotorJoe

Reaction score
Different smilies, backgrounds, features and notification options then what the stock app provides. The ability to back up SMS is popular.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question - but I just got a TB. Why do you need an app to send and receive text messages? Just curious... thanks =)
The stock one is insanely slow switching between conversations, that's what made me switch.

capetocairo

Reaction score
I had that problem and yes, for some MMS messages, it can take up to 3-4 minutes to successfully send, also the green arrow can lie to you sometimes. I've noticed that even with SMS it will stick around much longer than it needs to, but I exited out of GoSMS and reentered, and it was fine.

~Be patient with MMS, its basically file sharing!
~Make sure the green arrow is not simply stuck (it really doesn't happen often, but it does happen).

OP
B

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I had that problem and yes, for some MMS messages, it can take up to 3-4 minutes to successfully send, also the green arrow can lie to you sometimes. I've noticed that even with SMS it will stick around much longer than it needs to, but I exited out of GoSMS and reentered, and it was fine.

~Be patient with MMS, its basically file sharing!
~Make sure the green arrow is not simply stuck (it really doesn't happen often, but it does happen).

I agree - Nice post! I am seeing this too. Eventually it gets sent out, sometimes takes a while, and a restart or closing out sends it right away.

I definitely prefer GoSMS to the stock messaging app. It's faster for me (believe it or not) at sending MMS and SMS. lol.

capetocairo

Reaction score
I agree - Nice post! I am seeing this too. Eventually it gets sent out, sometimes takes a while, and a restart or closing out sends it right away.

I definitely prefer GoSMS to the stock messaging app. It's faster for me (believe it or not) at sending MMS and SMS. lol.

I also prefer GoSMS, as it is a pretty low priority application and runs as smooth as butter for me. I have to admit though, I have not configured it quite to my liking yet, but that's one of the great things about GoSMS; the customization possibilities are endless!

haw1144

Reaction score
i figured out what my issue with go sms was. i set the MMS image size to be quite big and it wouldnt send. if i lowered it back down to a size that doesnt say "4G Only" next to it, it worked fine.