GoSMS to fix mms issue's with ICS roms

cloverz7

Reaction score
I just had a quick question on all the ICS roms it says to install gosms to fix the MMS issue, but does that require some extra setting up? I have it installed and I still can't quite send MMS's

leftspin

Reaction score
Are you using GOSMS to send the MMS? Installing GOSMS doesn't fix the stock MMS, but you can use GO to send the MMS messages.

In my opinion GO is nicer than the stock Messaging app anyway, it has a bunch of nice features that the stock one doesn't come with.

Savagerun

Reaction score
Did you try getting the APN Settings Shortcut app from the play market? You can go into the apn app settings and just fill in 3 things and your stock messaging mms should work. Open the apn app and press your hardkey menu button then where its says NAME put in verizon. Then where it says APN put in internet and where it says MMSC put in http://mms.vtext.com/servlets /mms don't fill out anything else then press the save tab and reboot your phone. Then your mms should work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

imp3r10

Reaction score
Did you try getting the APN Settings Shortcut app from the play market? You can go into the apn app settings and just fill in 3 things and your stock messaging mms should work. Open the apn app and press your hardkey menu button then where its says NAME put in verizon. Then where it says APN put in internet and where it says MMSC put in http://mms.vtext.com/servlets /mms don't fill out anything else then press the save tab and reboot your phone. Then your mms should work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

i downloaded that app and when i try to add the shortcut to my desktop the screen flashed as if it opens up and closes and nothing is added to my desktop

Savagerun

Reaction score
i downloaded that app and when i try to add the shortcut to my desktop the screen flashed as if it opens up and closes and nothing is added to my desktop

It should of added it to your desktop. The icon looks like the stock ics settings icon but says apn under it.

Sent from my Droid X using DroidForums

imp3r10

Reaction score
It should of added it to your desktop. The icon looks like the stock ics settings icon but says apn under it.

i didnt see anythign

but im on AOKP now and ive switched over to GoSMS

Savagerun

Reaction score
i didnt see anythign

but im on AOKP now and ive switched over to GoSMS

Yes you can use gosms but that apn settings app will work to make the stock messaging mms work on aokp also if you want it to.

Savagerun

Reaction score
That's cool, its all about personal preference.