Google's QuickOffice Mobile App is Now Available for Free

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quickoffice_Google.png

Google just made their QuickOffice Mobile app free to download and use for anyone. Prior to yesterday, if you wanted to get Google's QuickOffice Mobile App, you had to pay either $14.99 for the pro version or $19.99 for the pro HD version. You could also get it for free if you were a Google Apps for Business subscriber.

Google is also offering a nice bonus if you sign up your Google account for the new QuickOffice app by September 26th. If you sign up by this date you will get an extra 10GB of Google Drive storage for the next two years. For those rare few out there who are unfamiliar with the product, it allows you to create, view, and edit Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint files on your mobile devices.

This is actually an update to the app as well and includes a few new features. Here's a quote with a few more details,

Google added a few new features to the app as well, including the ability to create ZIP folders and view charts in PowerPoint and Excel. Google said people already using QuickOffice for Google Apps for Business can update to the new app.

Google acquired QuickOffice in June 2012 and has been expanding its availability ever since. While the company is clearly investing resources in the software, its long-term goals still appear aimed at transitioning people to using its Web-based productivity tools.

Sound off if you are an avid (or soon to be) user of this product.

Source: CNET

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Blug I'm lazy link!!! Lol hunting down now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Anyone else having problems with this install?

I still have the old Quickoffice on my device that I believe I got as an Amazon Free App of the Day quite awhile ago since I know I never bought it.

When I tried to install the new one I got an error, "duplicate provider authority". So I decided to uninstall the old one however...

I can go to the App Drawer, find the app and open it. However it does not show up in my Amazon apps, stock app manager or Astro. Doesn't show up in my Play Store apps either, in case I picked it up there.

Is there something I'm having a brain cramp about? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Anyone else having problems with this install?

I still have the old Quickoffice on my device that I believe I got as an Amazon Free App of the Day quite awhile ago since I know I never bought it.

When I tried to install the new one I got an error, "duplicate provider authority". So I decided to uninstall the old one however...

I can go to the App Drawer, find the app and open it. However it does not show up in my Amazon apps, stock app manager or Astro. Doesn't show up in my Play Store apps either, in case I picked it up there.

Is there something I'm having a brain cramp about? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Did you download it from SlideME or AppBrain? Unless you somehow sideloaded it, I don't know how you would have gotten it before.

JDH

Reaction score
Quick office came loaded on my RazrMaxx but I have found King soft office way way better and it is free from the store. It opens files that quick would not.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Quick office came loaded on my RazrMaxx but I have found King soft office way way better and it is free from the store. It opens files that quick would not.

Does either/both open Excel files that are password protected?