QuickOffice Pro for Android is free today only (11-14-11)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

quickoffice-pro.jpg

Amazon is offering QuickOffice Pro and QuickOffice Pro HD as today’s free app of the day in the Amazon Appstore for Android. Normally the smartphone version runs $15, while the tablet version of QuickOffice Pro costs $20.

The popular office suite lets you view, edit, or create office documents on a smartphone or tablet. It’s compatible with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files, and supports integration with Google Docs and online storage services including Dropbox, Box, and SugarSync.

You can also use the app as a file manager, ZIP file viewer, and PDF viewer. While a number of Android devices ship with a stripped down version of QuickOffice for viewing documents, the Pro app is much more powerful, which is why it’s typically one of the pricier Android apps on the market.

This isn’t the first time we’ve seen Amazon offer this kind of app for free. Last month OfficeSuite Pro had its day in the spotlight as Amazon’s free app of the day. That app also normally costs about $15.

You can “purchase” Quickoffice Pro
ir
and Quickoffice Pro HD
ir
from the Amazon Appstore. If you click those links using a desktop web browser, you can add each item to your account, which means that even if you don’t have an Android tablet today, you’ll be able to download the app for free if and when you get one in the future.

Thanks for the tip: tjk629

Last edited:

Willyammer

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!!! My OG Droid is ready and waiting for its substitute to arrive - most likely the Galaxy Nexus, although I've held the Razr and it looks and feels like an amazing option. Plus, my Kindle Fire should (hopefully) be here any day now. And now I've got office software, for when I actually have to work - which, unfortunately, I'll be doing a lot of hours in the next several months.
Thanks again! :hail::hail:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU!! :icon_ banana:

I have Documents To Go (paid) which was a holdover from my OG Droid. I've been tempted to pay for Quickoffice as even the free version show documents better than Documents To Go.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
This is neat. I'm not thrilled about manipulating spreadsheets on my phone unless it's something personal but even if you don't use it all that often, having MS Office (basically) on your phone is just another feather in the hat so to speak.

felixtibs

Reaction score
Why can't I fine the app store in the market?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

djsiva

Reaction score
I can't get it to download on the Bionic. Other apps work fine. Maybe it's the fact that the Bionic already comes with a version on it??

felixtibs

Reaction score
Really...where is it?

AlexSB

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed. Good lookin out OP!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Thanks! I just signed up for Amazon apps. Shoulda did it before now lol. The standard program came preloaded on my bionic. Now if I could only delete the standard without rooting

felixtibs

Reaction score
K, I had to manually download From the website...dumb