Office for Android Phone Preview is Available to Download Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Office-for-Android-phone-Preview-now-available-1.png

For those of us who occasionally try to be productive on their Android smartphones, you might be happy to learn you can now download the Office for Android Phone Preview. Just yesterday, Microsoft released the Word, Excel and PowerPoint preview apps on Android phones.

This replaces the current Office Mobile app that is on Google Play, although the older version will still be available during the preview. In order to try out the preview, you will first need to join the Office for Android community on Google Plus. After you have joined and received permission, you can then head to the links below to download each app individually (please note that these links are useless until you sign-up):
For more info, here's Microsoft's announcement blog landing: Office for Android phone Preview now available - Office Blogs

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Huh, is this really not compatible with galaxy devices? I have a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy Note 10.1 the Play store says neither are compatible.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Huh, is this really not compatible with galaxy devices? I have a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy Note 10.1 the Play store says neither are compatible.
I didn't get that message.. Try again...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't get Microsoft at all.
I already have the first Office Suite you rolled out. Which honestly sucks. So you come out with an entirely new one? So we have 2 now?
No, that's not confusing at all.

UGH...every time I think MS does something really cool, they manage to uncool it. LOL

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Though their are myriad options for opening these kinds of files, the more the merrier. Then everyone can choose their suite of choice. I will give this a shot/

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had/have, and they still don't work. Must be me or my browser.
That's weird. I don't know what to tell you, except that if you hit up the source link you might be able to find it a different way.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I didn't have an issue using the posted links. Worked fine...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I get that they're trying to compete, but I don't see any need for this at all. I think there are already plenty of options that work just fine. I can kinda see it being useful on a tablet, but I can't imagine you can really be THAT productive on a phone with Office without lots of extra strain and work.

I don't deal with tons of documents though, so maybe others will find it useful.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think the move itself is brilliant for Powerpoint alone. Walk into a meeting and show a ppt from your phone? Sweet. I just do NOT get the 2 versions. I already have Powerpoint. How about improving it and not making a totally separate one?
I think making all these apps for iOS and Android was pure genius and what MS should have been focused on all along instead of trying to compete by making a phone...

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They plan to eventually remove the previous version. This new version is meant to be more mobile friendly.