Google's Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bllarkin

Reaction score
One thing still conspicuously absent from Android in its 2.1 incarnation: native multitouch support. With that said, you can get multitouch-driven pinch-and-zoom Web browsing on your Android phone with the free Dolphin Browser application.
One small correction. No, the OS does not have multitouch programmed in, but the OS DOES have native support for multitouch via the APIs.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I like having more home screens. I'm very anal retentive. My main home page is the essentials. The left one is my calendar widget and tasks, notebook, and diary apps. The right one is my games screen. It'd be nice to have more "categories."

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Can't wait. Smoother screen transitions, new features....and now I can't remember what I was going to type serves me right for browsing during school.

Anyways hopefully the 22nd or sooner.

17th so far is the closest I've heard.

smd6169

Reaction score
So the DROID will get the 2.1 Upgrade via OTA? Awsome!!!! Can't wait.

Venom51

Reaction score
Keep the live wallpapers....keep the new photo gallery....however if they'd like to complete the bluetooth headset implementation that would be great.

csodjd

Reaction score
All sounds rather disappointing to me. Nothing to fix or improve the pathetic email, not even adding such basic features like signatures, much less fixing or addressing the variety of other problems. Nothing to enable sync with Outlook, not even through USB, much less wireless. Seems they are addressing pretty-features and not more functional ones.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think we'll see BT implementation on this release. Moto is really going to have to work on porting their BT SW to the platform, then test. I hope I'm wrong though.

funken

Reaction score
I keep reading about how it will be smoother and faster... why wasn't that mentioned?

crspang

Reaction score
All sounds rather disappointing to me. Nothing to fix or improve the pathetic email, not even adding such basic features like signatures, much less fixing or addressing the variety of other problems. Nothing to enable sync with Outlook, not even through USB, much less wireless. Seems they are addressing pretty-features and not more functional ones.

I think Google's priorities are to nudge people to use Gmail and other Google products and services, so Outlook functionality is probably not too high on the totem pole.
I agree, the "signature" issue is quite annoying.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
that's for making this thread, this clears a few things up for me

jb1

Reaction score
I can already tell the only live wallpaper that seems remotely interesting is the Nexus one...
I'm curious to see if after 2.1 is released... whether or not we'll see some new 'live wallpapers' developed

im hoping that with the live wallpapers we could finally get an actual flipping animated clock like the one in sense or something like the sense ui on the hd2

Status
Not open for further replies.