Google +

buellboy9

Reaction score
I can't seem to install the Google+ App. When I try to access it from my phone, I get a "Pop Up" telling me it's not found.

I tried using the Market website and I'm seeing:

This app is incompatible with
your Verizon Motorola Droid

Verizon Motorola Droid
Your device's content rating filter is
incompatible with this item

WTF???

comk4ver

Reaction score
Have you tried to download the apk file directly then installing? That might work. are you on stock rom or rooted? it could be information being sent from your phone. What about space is there enough internal memory for it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go on the Google + website on the desktop version of the site and you can download it. Or you can try Market Enabler from the market to fake it into thinking you have a different phone.

sent from my ApeX

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Go on the Google + website on the desktop version of the site and you can download it. Or you can try Market Enabler from the market to fake it into thinking you have a different phone.

sent from my ApeX

The only link I see on the Google+ site is the one that takes me to the market, and when I sign into the market to download it, I get the message I quoted in the original posting. If someone could provide a direct link to the apk I could try that, but I'm not having much luck finding any such link.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Have you tried to download the apk file directly then installing? That might work. are you on stock rom or rooted? it could be information being sent from your phone. What about space is there enough internal memory for it?

I'm on Sourcery 2.2 (Froyo 2.2.2). Can't find any direct link to the apk.

KhaoticFate

Reaction score
I'm a OG Droid, Liquid Rom Gingerbread... I Have No Problem With Google + Apk... Perhaps Because I'm Using The Inverted Apk? You Can Find It Herel

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Very interesting! I rebooted into my rooted vanilla FroYo ROM, and the Market found the app. Back to Sourcery (which is also FroYo 2.2.2 with the same version of the Market app) and it doesn't!

My friend just pointed this article out to me:
Does Google's new Android Market website ignore custom ROMs? -- Engadget

I wonder if this is what's happening to me?

Anyway, I installed the inverted app you pointed out to me on Sourcery, and downloaded/installed the original Google app on my base FRG83G system. Thanks.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
It's not your phone. It's the content rating you have set in the market. Open the market then menu, settings, content rating and change it to the highest setting.

Except when I open the market menu I only see three choices:
Search
Downloads
Help

No "Settings"

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
I will keep this open as long as no emails are posted!

I have NO idea what you're talking about...

This thread can stay up of no emails get posted.

This is like a complete non-sequitur. It's like walking into a bowling alley and saying everyone can continue bowling as long as no one releases butterflies. THAT'S why I said I have NO idea what you're talking about. What does ANYTHING in this topic have to do with E-Mail??????:icon_eek:

comk4ver

Reaction score
Press the settings button then the settings menu should pop up.
He probably meant something else, stupid auto correct. Lol

Nopetize

Reaction score
I have a Droid1....downloaded Google+ app from market...installed and no problems...I am using Stock Droid1 You have already recieved an invite from someone and setup your profile, right?