cant install google voice from market.

magma_camel

Reaction score
i cant install google voice from the market because it doesnt show up when searching for it. i tried to go to market.android.com and install it from there but it says my device is incompatable with it

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can give you the file if you want it... there are apps you can download from the market to change your device and hopefully show the apps

Boot Manager

OP
magma_camel

magma_camel

Reaction score
instaling the apk is not the problem this is a bug and should be fixed

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Weird, its doing the same thing for me. I guess Verizon doesn't like Google Voice? Greedy...

I'm going to try Market Enabler

Boot Manager

OP
magma_camel

magma_camel

Reaction score
i dont think it has anything to do with verizon. my girl can find it on her phone no problem. also i can get it when im on steel droid. theres a bug in liberty thats making the device incompatable

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont think it has anything to do with verizon. my girl can find it on her phone no problem. also i can get it when im on steel droid. theres a bug in liberty thats making the device incompatable

It doesn't work with me on CM7. I'll boot into Liberty and see if it shows up.

It says I have it installed, but I can't uninstall through the market or get updates...

Boot Manager

OP
magma_camel

magma_camel

Reaction score
i just searched "google voice" on steel droid and its the first result

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, if your just talking searches, both Liberty and CM7 can find it in the market on my phone. I was talking about how it doesn't show up in My Apps and there is not an option to uninstall from the market- meaning that its not supported on my phone apparently from Verizon.

Boot Manager

CapnGnarly

Reaction score
Im currently in exactly the same boat. Many of my apps will not update, and there are several others (that worked on SteelDroid 3) that I cannot download because "my device is not compatible." This must be a bug within Liberty, as I've gotten ahold of the devs of one of the apps who has gotten me the apk for the app and it is running fine.