Google Voice SMS -- Now going through messaging app??

lockcity

Reaction score
Before when I got an SMS message to my Google Voice number, it was sent to my phone in my GV inbox.

Now those SMS messages are going into the regular Messaging app that comes with the phone that I use to send standard text messages.

I don't think I have changed any settings, but is there anything I can do to assure it goes back to the old way I had it, that all SMS sent to my Google Voice # go to the GV inbox, and all texts sent to my cell # go to the messaging app?

Thanks in advance for your help!

DroidFan

Reaction score
When people are texting you, are you sure they are texting to your GV #? If that's the case, then you'll want to log in to your account on the web and make sure the SMS messages are set up to go to GV and that the setting of "Forward SMS messages to my email:" is not checked off...

Hope this helps.

OP
L

lockcity

Reaction score
When people are texting you, are you sure they are texting to your GV #? If that's the case, then you'll want to log in to your account on the web and make sure the SMS messages are set up to go to GV and that the setting of "Forward SMS messages to my email:" is not checked off...

Hope this helps.

Hey Droidfan,

I can't find a setting to make sure the SMS messagse are set to go to GV.

There is an option to choose where calls are forwarded to. But not SMS. I do have "Forward SMS to e-mail" turned off though.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,
LC

DroidFan

Reaction score
Hey LC...

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the GV app? Something might have "snagged" with the update... I've had to do that with a couple of apps and it fixed it right up (but, admittedly, this wasn't the case with GV).

DF

OP
L

lockcity

Reaction score
Hey LC...

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the GV app? Something might have "snagged" with the update... I've had to do that with a couple of apps and it fixed it right up (but, admittedly, this wasn't the case with GV).

DF

This worked! Thanks for the help DF!

DroidFan

Reaction score
LOL... then I don't know what to say... got my hopes up there for a sec! :)

You must have some setting on your account that is pushing the GV SMS to your messaging texts. But if your main account box is unchecked to do this, I don't know what would force this to happen.