Google Rolling Out Inbox Invites

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I made the switch back myself. Kept inbox installed just to be able to share invites. Haha!

Sent from my Note 4
Thanks again for the invite! I just got my hands on G mail 5.0 and have been trying both out a little. I think I like the new G mail 5.0 better than Inbox. Just my opinion though...others may like Inbox better. I like the ability to add other accounts to G mail right from the phone (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.)...very cool! I am going to leave Inbox installed (just turned off Notifications for now) in case Google ever sends me invites and to keep experimenting with.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
How'd you get gmail 5?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How'd you get gmail 5?
Do a Google search. All of the Android news sites have download links. Make sure you get the new one. The one from Halloween isn't final.

Our wait for it to hit your device. They officially released it to the play store early today.

Sent from my Note 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do a Google search. All of the Android news sites have download links. Make sure you get the new one. The one from Halloween isn't final.

Our wait for it to hit your device. They officially released it to the play store early today.

Sent from my Note 4
Very cool...probably rolling out in waves...my wife's phone says up to date still.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Very cool...probably rolling out in waves...my wife's phone says up to date still.

Yup. That's how it works. Could be minutes. Could be hours. Could be days. But it'll come.

Sent from my Note 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yup. That's how it works. Could be minutes. Could be hours. Could be days. But it'll come.

Sent from my Note 4
She will not like it...doesn't like anything that changes. I like it a lot. Have already added two Hot mail accounts and then removed the Outlook app!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
She will not like it...doesn't like anything that changes. I like it a lot. Have already added two Hot mail accounts and then removed the Outlook app!

I had one Gmail, 6 in the email app, & 1 in outlook. They're all roommates now & I gained space for one icon on my secondary main screen (email & outlook shared a folder). Of course, inbox is there temporarily until I know I won't get any more invites to share...

Sent from my Note 4

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hate how google does roll outs. Although replication servers need time to be updated.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hate how google does roll outs.
I'm pretty sure the apk on the CNET site is legit...if you don't want to wait.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh I'm sure it is.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Found one thing about Inbox yesterday that I don't like. Family members have been e-mailing me a lot of pictures lately for a project we are working on. I save them straight to my Google Drive account right from the message (in the G mail app). Could not find a way to do that with Inbox...the only option was to Save in the Downloads folder. Unless I just missed the option somewhere? I know a lot of people don't like / use cloud storage, but I like the ability to save attachments straight to Drive from the G Mail app. Not sure why Google would omit that from Inbox?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Found one thing about Inbox yesterday that I don't like. Family members have been e-mailing me a lot of pictures lately for a project we are working on. I save them straight to my Google Drive account right from the message (in the G mail app). Could not find a way to do that with Inbox...the only option was to Save in the Downloads folder. Unless I just missed the option somewhere? I know a lot of people don't like / use cloud storage, but I like the ability to save attachments straight to Drive from the G Mail app. Not sure why Google would omit that from Inbox?
Initial release. There a lots of things that I get the feeling they'll be adding in the future, but that does seem like something rather simple that they could've tossed in there.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Initial release. There a lots of things that I get the feeling they'll be adding in the future, but that does seem like something rather simple that they could've tossed in there.

Very true, probably lots of cool new features will be added as they tweak it, upgrade it, etc. I still think Inbox is pretty cool...just not sure why they didn't put that option in there.