Google Rolling Out Inbox Invites

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Initial release. There a lots of things that I get the feeling they'll be adding in the future, but that does seem like something rather simple that they could've tossed in there.

I think Google is reading this post! o_O I just received an update notification for Inbox and updated the app. Now, under the "Share" option on embedded files, there is an option to share with Drive. Maybe I missed it yesterday (I am getting old...er) but it's there now...under Share...not under Save.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think Google is reading this post! o_O I just received an update notification for Inbox and updated the app. Now, under the "Share" option on embedded files, there is an option to share with Drive. Maybe I missed it yesterday (I am getting old...er) but it's there now...under Share...not under Save.
Yeah. Drive tends to live in a bizarro world on android. You'd think save because it's a cloud drive, but it treats it more like you'd expect a social media app would be treated and puts in the share menu all the time. Handy for saving things from strange places to drive, but a bit confusing, especially if you're used to the computer where you can make Drive a location on your computer and SAVE things to it. Haha

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just had an update available as well. Before taking it, I checked. Drive was listed under Share before the update. Not that it matters.

Sent from my Note 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just had an update available as well. Before taking it, I checked. Drive was listed under Share before the update. Not that it matters.

Sent from my Note 4
OK...thanks for making me feel old. I obviously missed it yesterday. I must have looked under the Save options and not Share.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
For anyone still looking for an invite...

ff80d9f3cf4ce2b98fc63f71fb554e4e.jpg

Sent from my Note 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have Invites to share if anyone is still interested in trying out the Inbox app.
Edit: Forgot to mention to PM your G Mail address if you would like an invite.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It looks like Google is sunsetting Inbox, in March 2019. Maybe it didn't catch on the way they had hoped? Or they do just want to focus on one e-mail product? Has anyone used Inbox consistently since it was launched a few years ago? I tried it and found that I like regular G Mail better.

Inbox is signing off. Find your favorite features in the new Gmail

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm in the same boat as you, Sajo. I never saw the draw. Tried it a couple different times after it launched & never saw any benefit to using it over Gmail.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk