Google Play, Yea or Nay?

Saint23

Reaction score
Why can't everyone just continue to call it the market? I know I will.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the name is also lame, but it looks the same so I really don't care what it's called. I did, however, start thinking about the crap with Amazon when they started their Amazon Market. I thought they actually went into litigation over the name "Market". I'm wondering if Google was forced to change the name, or were told that they don't have a copyright on the name "Markekt". Just some idle thoughts I had.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm gonna keep calling it Market. For them to change the name after so many years was a dumb decision imo. If you're gonna change it at least make it a better name:D

alboboy10

Reaction score
The Google music icon is uglier. The whole play idea...why?

My friend told me the HP store calls every HP play so why do the same thing as them? Idk I just don't get it. Changing something like a name is not necessary in my opinion.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to still call it the Market, or maybe "Market, er, Play Store." Why not call it something like "Google Market" or "Google Store?"

Recently I saw an ad with two young musicians. They said they used the Blackberry to schedule performances and keep in contact with the other musicians. They said, they used Blackberry as they needed a phone for working, not for playing. And here Google decices to call it the "Play Store." Sorta just as fuel to the flame.

A la George Carlin~~

[SIZE=-1]With Apple you have an App Store.
With Android you have a Play Store.

Let's PLAY
[/SIZE]

catlikerawr

Reaction score
I don't like it. I almost delete it because I thought it was a game that somehow for downloaded into my phone. I dont play games

Sent from my PC36100 using DroidForums

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I liked it because of the good deals they had for the first couple days lol. I think the new icon is better looking too.

The way I see it the just gave the market a new name and icon not what i'd call a major update but maybe it'll look more appealing to less tech-savy people. Apple has the app store, windows has the marketplace, I forgot what blackberry has and now google has the google play store. Doesn't the name google play store seem more inviting then just app store or marketplace? And adding google's name to it might make it easier for people to associate google and android.
Just my .02

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

2ns

Reaction score
Couldn't care less about name but the icon doesn't stand out at all. I didn't have to hunt for the last one like I do this one and it's even on a home screen. I also don't browse it as much as I did before they started monkeying around with it.

Also, the bugdroid and names like icecream sandwich and Google are cute and stand out. " Play" is kinda boring but the icon is really boring. Ought to be a bugdroid.

Last edited:

rliljarm

Reaction score
I think google play is grrreat. It could use a new name, maybe Gtunes. Lol

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Might as well call it Google Gay... It's a ridiculous childish name that doesn't fit IMO.. After Google play we can download bedtime stories and make pixie dust with the faries...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Natey2

Reaction score
Re-branding... gotta keep those Marketing folks at Google occupied with something, since there's so much money at Google floating around...