Google Now screen removed from Launcher 3?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Anyone else notice that the Google Now screen was removed from their Home screen, the one all the way to the left? Maybe the Google app update from yesterday removed it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nevermind, I figured it out. Somehow changing my wallpaper this morning turned off the Home screen > Settings > Swipe Access > Google Feed option. That's never happened to me before just by changing wallpaper; but an easy enough fix.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
@Sajo
I'm so glad you posted this! I didn't know what happened on my replacement phone, but was running AppFlash. I didn't realize it was a setting I needed to go in and change so I could get back to where I was.
Thank you!

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I keep App Flash disabled; it has seemed to cause a lot of issues ever since Verizon pushed it out to us.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I keep App Flash disabled; it has seemed to cause a lot of issues ever since Verizon pushed it out to us.

I didn't like it, but wasn't aware I had a choice. I thought it was a new look after an update, or something. I feel much better right now! Thank you, again!

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just FYI...even with App Flash disabled every once in a while I get the pop-up for "App AppFlash Has Stopped" and then it disappears on it's own. Verizon has that thing trying to do something in the background even when it's disabled.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Just FYI...even with App Flash disabled every once in a while I get the pop-up for "App AppFlash Has Stopped" and then it disappears on it's own. Verizon has that thing trying to do something in the background even when it's disabled.

Good to know, thanks!

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Nevermind, I figured it out. Somehow changing my wallpaper this morning turned off the Home screen > Settings > Swipe Access > Google Feed option. That's never happened to me before just by changing wallpaper; but an easy enough fix.
I don't see Swipe Access-> Google Feed Option?
On edit..I found it. On my Moto Z Play, I long pressed, as to add a widget and hit the settings symbol and found Swipe Access and Google Feed.

Last edited:

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Last edited:
OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have been part of that long conversation and can consistently reproduce the issue by using my JBL Soundboost, which puts the screen into landscape mode. The good news is that Moto Z2 users with Oreo have reported that the issue no longer occuts since Launcher 3 was redesigned for Oreo. We shall see.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force