Google Music Play question

duncan0553

Reaction score
Ok when I updated the phone it pushed me to this new app. I don't really like it but it works so.. The issue I am having is i like to listen to my music on shuffle play. I can not figure out how to get that to work. Anyone else have the app and now how to get it to work. If not what other music app's are folks using that they like. All the music I listen to is on the phone. I don't like steaming it to listen.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Tap on the artist, album, etc. Choose "Start instant mix".

OP
duncan0553

duncan0553

Reaction score
When I push the "little orange button" which I had to guess to figure out it was the start instant mix button, i get a pop up box that says couldn't prepare instant mix, please try again. This app is really starting to make me mad. All I want to do is listen to the music that is loaded on the phone in shuffle play. Why is it so hard?

mattman5000

Reaction score
I haven't been able to figure this out either. The previous version of the app had simple "Shuffle all music" button.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-Open Google Play Music

ForumRunner_20130716_135114.png

-Swipe from the left or press the headphone icon in the top left corner.

ForumRunner_20130716_135144.png

-Press My Library.

ForumRunner_20130716_135427.png

-Press Songs.

ForumRunner_20130716_135506.png

-Press Shuffle all.

-Bonus tip: Press drop down menu to only play songs from your device not anything from the Google Play Music cloud.

ForumRunner_20130716_135615.png

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Its go to be the least intuitive and most convoluted music app out there. I used to love the original version.

David

fireman00

Reaction score
Its go to be the least intuitive and most convoluted music app out there. I used to love the original version.

David

AGREED! Google fouled this app up! Slacker pulled the same stunt - their new design is awful.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I've been using Jet Audio Plus as my default music program for quite a while now and really like it. It has a decent EQ as well as several adjustments for sound quality. The free version is just as good, minus a few of the EQ settings.

I still use Goofle Play Music when I want to stream, but that is quickly being replaced by Pandora.

David