google maps won't upgrade on my phone

val88

Reaction score
today on my rezound i went into the gallery to update google maps and everytime i try to update it wont update and i get a error number....anyone know howto fix that.....
thanks

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had that on several apps. I rebooted the phone, it didn't help. I waited a few minutes, it worked fine for them all.
This did not happen on my Galaxy Tab (it occasionally says app already exists and doesn't update but that's another story for another forum) or Incredible, just my Rezound.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're impatient, you can uninstall whatever your last update is and then reboot and you should be able to upgrade to the newest version.

OP
V

val88

Reaction score
google wont upgrade

i tried all that and nothing work.....it just says download will start soon and never starts.....pretty weird

Tonik

Reaction score
Google Play is pretty broken right now. Weird error messages, missing apps...there are reports of all kinds of stuff on the internets and on Google's Android help pages. Google has confirmed there are issues. But that said, the new map update is only for ICS. That is why it is failing, it just isn't giving you a meaningful answer. And that is why it probably doesn't show in 'my apps' in Google Play for many people...it is now OS specific.

The whole thing is a giant screwup. I think it is best to just wait it out for a few days for Google to sort it out.

OP
V

val88

Reaction score
hey thanks tonik

thanks alot for your answer tonik.....now i understand whats going on......great answer..
val88

Tonik

Reaction score
thanks alot for your answer tonik.....now i understand whats going on......great answer..
val88

Well, not so great an answer actually. It is certainly broke, but the map update is for non-ICS phones. I just got it installed on my Bionic. What I did was hit Home, 'manage apps'. Then pulled up Google Play in my installed apps and UNinstalled all updates. Hit Google Play again and all my stuff was back.

Now Google Play is trying to update again...hang on while I do that....ROFL all my stuff is messed up again.

OP
V

val88

Reaction score
ok thanks

keep me posted..
thanks