google maps issue

taypotts

Reaction score
So my Google maps application keeps launching randomly? I don't have my GPS on or anything running using location services but I can go check my twitter, Facebook, or just go to the web and when I go to my task manager its open?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey man, a whole bunch of apps do the same thing. Don't you see them too when you check your task manager? But I would say that the reason Maps keeps launching in particular is because most internet based services will try to get your location by default. There may be a setting somewhere to disable this I'm not sure...

OP
taypotts

taypotts

Reaction score
yeah some built in apps do launch on their own, but i've had the task manager for like 3 months and i've ignored everything that needs to be. Maps just all of the sudden started to launch itself?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah some built in apps do launch on their own, but i've had the task manager for like 3 months and i've ignored everything that needs to be. Maps just all of the sudden started to launch itself?

FYI, Google maps started acting up for me right after I received the 2.1 OTA, but a couple of days later there was an update for Maps and I haven't had a problem since.