Google map crashing

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by torch709, Apr 11, 2014.

1. torch709

torch709 New Member

View attachment 70298 The past three Google map updates has been causing weird crash with the app. I can search address and even navigate to it but the map area will black out while the top a and bottom are are fine and the compass is fine also. It will continue to navigate unless I close out the screen. Then the navigate will stop working with not error report asking to be sent. When I uninstall updates it works just like suppose to. Any ideas or suggestions what may be causing this??

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

Sound like the app updates are the problem. I have had a lot of issues with the Maps app updates also. I use the original version (uninstalled updates) and have not had any issues since.
  3. torch709

torch709 New Member

That what I wound up having to do also.

4. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ah the beloved "_________" has stopped working" message. Even when its not in true use. And when you say Cancel or Wait, it still does whatever it would like to do. Gotta love it.

I used to use this for GPS, now I just use my cars, though its not as intuitive as Google Maps is, but I rather arrive in one piece than crashing my car.

I have changed the name of the phone I have under my avatar to a more appropriate named one. Only 9 months left of this trash-a-ma-phone... unless the iPhone6 is really worth it, Ill throw down the cash for it, instead of waiting for the renewal.
  5. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

Hopefully there will be a new update soon that doesn't have the same issue.
  6. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

This is one of those posts that I just don't understand jimmy! How is this helpful to the OP? We were discussing an issue with the Maps app & it has nothing to do with the RMHD specifically. Issues with apps affect a lot of different phone models, even the best phones on the market. We all know that you are frustrated with your phone & you think it is a POS. That's cool, you paid for it & you are entitled to your opinion & no one should try to change your opinion. But, I don't understand how hijacking every thread on the RMHD section and inserting your personal views / opinions is helpful to anyone.
  7. lloydsw

lloydsw Member

Quickest way to 'Master Droid'
  8. torch709

torch709 New Member

Mercy the things some people will post

9. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Couldn't possibly agree any more.

And again with the "my phone almost killed me"?? Can't wait til you get an iPhone. :D

As for the question at hand, I've never had a Google Maps problem. Never heard of a constant blacking out GMaps.
    I would uninstall updates. Reboot. Reinstall Updates.
  10. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

It might be time to try the newest Maps update, I have not updated in a while. What Maps version do you have? I have 6.14.3 and it works great in my car dock.
  11. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Someone has be the antagonist, every forum has one.

Also here to help people with problems understand its not just them, and they should not feel depressed, upset, etc. So in a way, besides the people that have rooted their phones, that there experience with this phone might be an unpleasant one.

This is the support section after all, so I am here to support/help the frustrated owners of this fail fone that its ok, they are not alone.

I will be gone when I get the new iPhone should it be what they say, as its far superior to THIS phone, never had another Android phone, and most likely never will again.

Its sad when your 4 year old iPod Touch responds better to touch and is just as fast as this phone.
  12. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

And yes this phone is considered "ancient" now, I get that, but for it to act the way it does non rooted is unacceptable.
  13. Hodor

Hodor New Member

I still think your problems all stem from your phone being in the hands of an (ID ten T) error.
  14. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Yeah, I get it, Im being called an Apple fan boy right?

I have been told numerous times that this phones specs are 2012, hence being outdated.

I just wish the phones screen touch response time was not so damn slow, I am NOT the only one saying this, even with the fastest of the new Android phones out there, it is said that the Android OS is slower than iOS.

Fact.
  15. Hodor

Hodor New Member

Just out of curiosity, have you ever looked under developer options to see what your windows and transition animation settings are set to? Mine are 1x, the higher you go, the slower its responds. I am pretty sure 0.5 is the fastest setting and the phone really flies at that. Maybe yours got changed somehow? Just a thought....
  16. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Even before I was rooted I would NEVER call this phone slow, by any means. Does it VERY occasionally stutter a bit when switching screens? Surely. Nothing I would call "so damn slow".

My problem isn't your constant whining. My issue is your inability to do anything about it. Multiple people have given you suggestion after suggestion but you flat out obstinately refuse because "I shouldn't have to do anything to make it run better". It is beyond annoying. It took me MONTHS to convince you to try another launcher. MONTHS. And there are 50 other launchers out there. Some of us think trying different launchers is one of the hella cool things about Android, yet you flat out refused to try one. Have you even seen Buzz Launcher? I played with that for months before I bought NEXT Launcher.

And many of us recommended a Cache Cleaner to try and help you, yet you refuse because you simply SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TO MAKE MY PHONE RUN BETTER. So you prefer to be miserable instead of trying to actually learn about the phone and try some other options.

Even when someone with a legit issue comes here that can be fixed your reply? "It's cuz your phone sucks, nothing you can do about it...":
    Yea, that's helpful.

You need an iPhone. Please get an iPhone. You can get one on Ebay for $200.
  17. torch709

torch709 New Member

Checked my animation settings they are all at 1x. Even with the April 4 update of maps the issue continues. When I uninstall the updates I have no problems with maps. I'm still at lost what could be causing this issue though

18. lloydsw

lloydsw Member

The only problem I've ever had with Google maps is on longer - 2+ hour trips - I've had it black out. More an annoyance than anything
  19. lloydsw

lloydsw Member

Who's up for taking a collection?
  20. sajokaz

sajokaz Active Member

Are you using the newest app update? The Play Store reviews are kind of like thus Forum....works good for some and not so good for others.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums
Search tags for this page

android google maps crashing

android maps app crashing
google maps android app crashes
google maps app crashing
google maps app crashing android
google maps app keeps crashing
google maps crashing

google maps crashing android

google maps crashing on android

google maps keeps crashing