Google Keyboard

ellymae

Reaction score
Hi. I've had a membership for quite awhile and have asked a few questions. I haven't been reading much here lately. Forgive me if this is a topic already dealt with. I did try searching and didn't find anything. I finally had to give up my Bionic and finances being what they are at the moment ended up getting the Razr M. While cruising the net trying to find out where my darn smilies were I came across several posts of people suggesting using Google Keyboard. Sounded great so I downloaded it. Typically I'm not very worried about all these terms I accept every time I install an app....and some are downright scary, but this is the warning I got when I went to activate the keyboard: "This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the app Google Keyboard. Use this input method?" :icon_eek:

Okay I've used other keyboard apps with symbols, etc., and there was always a warning there, but nothing like this. And it does say "all the text you type", not "all the TEXT MESSAGES you type", meaning this would be emails, transactions, etc. Am I the only one that has a problem with this? And has anyone got any idea why on earth Google would need to to be able to capture such info?

Thanks kindly for any input!

Ellymae