Google Home vs Amazon Echo?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
first of all, really could use a google home forum under Google. or just have a smart home section since most smarthome devices require a smartphone and apps.

Just tried google home calling and it works pretty good - so far. got amazon echo beaten big-time here. the echo can only call other echos but google home can call any landline or mobile phones. was able to link my google voice number to it for caller id. cannot link your mobile or landline number up to it yet.
I just made two calls using my Home and it worked fine. Probably will not use this new feature very often (if ever) but it's cool to know it's there if I want / need to use it.

When I can get back to my laptop, maybe I will create a dedicated thread for Google Home discussions? I can't seem to find the original either

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
its been out for over a week now and there still is a lot of confusion over how it works and getting it working :) fortunately I do not play music that often and you can hear the music fine from one echo (bt connected speakers) no matter the room in my extremely small apartment.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone else seen these Farnhaan commercials? They are for some insurance company, but the way they poke fun at Amazon Echo / Google Home is pretty funny.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am using Amazon Echo and It is easy for me. I like it more than Google Home.
It's all about finding a device that you like, and suits your personal needs. You can't ask much more than that. Glad to hear you are enjoying the Echo products. They seem pretty awesome. I haven't tried them personally, so I can't really compare then to Home devices. For me, my Home and Home Mini linked together suits my needs and offers me what I am looking for.

doniago

Reaction score
I've been using a couple of Echo Dots, but with the demise of Amazon Music uploads I've just ordered two Google Home minis. One of the major things I use my Dots for is playing music from my library, most of which is CDs I've ripped, and Amazon disabling that functionality made me look elsewhere, especially when Google lets you upload music for free (currently).

Neilsmith121

Reaction score
Website
alexa-echo-help.com
Current Phone Model
Xn
Twitter
alexaechohelp
It's all about finding a device that you like, and suits your personal needs. You can't ask much more than that. Glad to hear you are enjoying the Echo products. They seem pretty awesome. I haven't tried them personally, so I can't really compare then to Home devices. For me, my Home and Home Mini linked together suits my needs and offers me what I am looking for.

Yes, I agree with you. It depends on our needs.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I've been using a couple of Echo Dots, but with the demise of Amazon Music uploads I've just ordered two Google Home minis. One of the major things I use my Dots for is playing music from my library, most of which is CDs I've ripped, and Amazon disabling that functionality made me look elsewhere, especially when Google lets you upload music for free (currently).

it was disappointing that amazon disable the uploading of music. they are in the business to sell and I guess they were not selling enough music :-( there is a service called plex where you can still listen to your own much on your dots.