Google Home vs Amazon Echo?

duxdad

Reaction score
One of the things I just learned about the recent Home update is the new Services section within the Home app. You can now link things like your Domino's account (just one example) to your Google account and order a pizza hands free using the Home. Just what we needed. :cool:
Really wish it would work 100% with Google stuff like music and Nest thermostat!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
One of the things I just learned about the recent Home update is the new Services section within the Home app. You can now link things like your Domino's account (just one example) to your Google account and order a pizza hands free using the Home. Just what we needed. :cool:
That's awesome, I just ordered a pizza on your account, it just arrived ;)

Sent by my new S7-Edge

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's awesome, I just ordered a pizza on your account, it just arrived ;)

Sent by my new S7-Edge
Cool. My account uses your credit card number, so enjoy your pizza!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
That's good, because my wife's Macy's account uses yours ;)

Sent by my new S7-Edge

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looks like Google finally added multiple user functionality to the Home. Apparently you can now setup 6 different users on each Home and she will recognize each voice and play that person's music list, read their calendar, etc. I'm going to try this today and see how it works. Google keeps adding more & more functionality to this thing.

How to add multiple accounts to Google Home
How to add multiple accounts to Google Home

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool! Please keep us posted on how it works.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
New features coming to Google Home sometime this year.

The 6 big updates coming to Google Home
The 6 big updates coming to Google Home

some of those features look pretty interesting. one or two I wish the alexa had. I like the ability GH will have to call mobile and landline numbers. wish alexa would have that instead of app to app calling. maybe eventually.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
first of all, really could use a google home forum under Google. or just have a smart home section since most smarthome devices require a smartphone and apps.

Just tried google home calling and it works pretty good - so far. got amazon echo beaten big-time here. the echo can only call other echos but google home can call any landline or mobile phones. was able to link my google voice number to it for caller id. cannot link your mobile or landline number up to it yet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
first of all, really could use a google home forum under Google. or just have a smart home section since most smarthome devices require a smartphone and apps.

Just tried google home calling and it works pretty good - so far. got amazon echo beaten big-time here. the echo can only call other echos but google home can call any landline or mobile phones. was able to link my google voice number to it for caller id. cannot link your mobile or landline number up to it yet.
I think we have a dedicated section just for Google Home. But no one ever posted there, they just continued using this thread

Rowlette

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
So if you prefer Google home fine. It might be more your liking to find where your flavor Kool-Aid will be quench. FWIW Amazon still the leader in the complete package and with Show there is no comparison.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
So if you prefer Google home fine. It might be more your liking to find where your flavor Kool-Aid will be quench. FWIW Amazon still the leader in the complete package and with Show there is no comparison.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

amazon echo is the leader in just about every area but phone calls :) I don't like show - too bulky. looked like the person who invented the trs80 built it. Now if it was thin enough to hang on the wall then it would be for me. still I like the fact if you have security cameras you can have it show the current view.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not sure what Kool Aid flavor has to do with anything...but my choice of smart home devices is Google Home.