Google Dialer Now Works On Most Android Phones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I love Nexus devices because you get Android in it's purest form on these devices. As much as OEMs have worked towards slimming down their skin overlays they still do their best to set their devices apart with their own versions of Google's apps. Lots of times their own versions of apps like the dialer, and sms apps can tend to clutter things up with features. I for one prefer a more unified and consistent experience.

The Google dialer featured on Nexus devices is one of the cleanest dialers around. The Google dialer has a few cool features as well like smart caller ID, visual voicemail call blocking and search for nearby places. The Google dialer now works on most Android devices especially those released within the last few years. Grab the dialer from the Play link below.

via Play Store

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC has always had my favorite bloatware dialer but Rocket Dial is what I use now because of its abilities and similarity to the Sense dialer.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not compatible with Droid Turbo 2 on Marshmallow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

joegibbs108

Reaction score

I love Nexus devices because you get Android in it's purest form on these devices. As much as OEMs have worked towards slimming down their skin overlays they still do their best to set their devices apart with their own versions of Google's apps. Lots of times their own versions of apps like the dialer, and sms apps can tend to clutter things up with features. I for one prefer a more unified and consistent experience.

The Google dialer featured on Nexus devices is one of the cleanest dialers around. The Google dialer has a few cool features as well like smart caller ID, visual voicemail call blocking and search for nearby places. The Google dialer now works on most Android devices especially those released within the last few years. Grab the dialer from the Play link below.

via Play Store

joegibbs108

Reaction score
Seems not for the Samsung S5. Looking forward to a new phone when this one finally breaks..

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's only for nexus devices? Not compatible with anything Sony or LG.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not sure how you can screw up a dialer, but maybe some of the other manufacturers aren't set up well? All I know is the dialer on Galaxy S devices already have most, if not all of these features.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just read elsewhere that it was a mistake & Google not only blocked it on non-Nexus devices in the play store, but also coded it to block side loading on a non-Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
When I search for it in the Play Store, it shows I can install it on my Note 5...

uploadfromtaptalk1463273520463.jpg

~ sent while mobile~

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Status
Not open for further replies.