Google Calendar Invitations

JayMonster

Reaction score
I believe I am using my default calendar in Gmail to sync. It is named "Calendar" and is the only calendar that I have. Also, under Calendar Settings > General > Automatically add invitations to my calendar: I have "Yes" checked". Is there another setting that I am missing?

Thanks JayMonster!

It will sync with any calendar that you have in your account (when you create an event, make sure the proper calendar is selected). Since you are the owner of the main calendar, it should automatically add it without a problem. (At least that has been my experience), it was just with other calendars (that you don't "own") that requires accepting an invitation.

If it is happening on events on your default calendar, I am at a loss for a additional explaination/suggestion.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Is there a way to sync tasks from google calendar? with google not with a third party app?

thanks

gTasks - Beta (in the market) syncs tasks, but it is still a work in progress. No notifications, etc... but it does sync the tasks.

Thanks! is gtask google or a third party?

thanks

It is a third party app that syncs with Google Tasks. (Google doesn't currently offer anything for Tasks)

timsy321

Reaction score
JayMonster,
a few posts up I uploaded a screenshot of my Outlook calendar - what do you make of that? Thanks

timsy321

Reaction score
Is there anyone who is willing to test this out with 2.1 on the Droid to see if they might have resolved this issue yet?

bobbyb

Reaction score
I've also noticed the same problems described here and have Googled around quite a bit without finding any solutions or work arounds without just posting Calendar events via Droid to the main calnedar.

Does anyone have a good workaround to create events on secondary Google calendars without having to "accept" the invites in Google Web Calendar (or iCal in my case)?

Thanks.

timsy321

Reaction score
I've also noticed the same problems described here and have Googled around quite a bit without finding any solutions or work arounds without just posting Calendar events via Droid to the main calnedar.

Does anyone have a good workaround to create events on secondary Google calendars without having to "accept" the invites in Google Web Calendar (or iCal in my case)?

Thanks.
There doesnt seem to be any work around. You can login to the Google Calendar and remove yourself as a guest, but in Outlook 2007 the appointment still shows up tentative. We need to have a few more people call Motorola and file this as a bug so it can get moved into the "fix list" faster.