Google and Skrilex Made A Case!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not everyone is in to electronica music, but everyone can appreciate the latest Google and Skrillex collaboration. They have teamed up to make a limited edition "live case". The case will work with the Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6, and Galaxy Note 4. The cases feature a few custom designs based on Skrillex Album artwork. The live cases sync up to the Live Sync app which will showcase exclusive Skrillex content. The case is designed with a companion Live Wallpaper which gives you a live feed from Skrillex's satellite. During the day you get images of earth while at night you will get constellations which can be viewed from your current location. There is a shortcut button which gives you access to your favorite stuff. The button can be set to launch the camera app or whatever app you think you may need instant access to. These cases will be available in June, but pricing has yet to be specified.

via Google Store

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Whole lotta nope. I can't say how I feel about Skrillex (his music and personality both) without getting banned from the site. So I'll just leave it at nope, nope, nope.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Either Google was going for the cheap or a certain group.

Why not go with ncaa college logos, pro team logos, marvel, or something that would appeal to a larger audience?

As a 49er fan I would happily pay for a 49er case especially when attached adds another dynamic to my phone experience.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I could take or leave Skrillex. Usually leave. Some of the bands I enjoy from time to time have released Skrillex remixes that aren't bad, but I've never felt the need to sit and listen to one of his albums.

With that info aside, I think this is kind of a cool idea in the realm of personalization and I'm interested to see where it goes from here.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't see anything new here, Ohhh, it'll change your wallpaper for you...
There are 50 apps out there to do this. A dozen launchers that do this. They can change your wallpaper based on the time of day or even your location.

And then pairing with some DJ Electronic music dude? They might sell 20 of these. #fail

How about a collaboration with NASA, Google?
Do you KNOW your demographic? You need someone on Marketing Goog, just call me. You got my number. :D

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Changing of wallpaper isn't the impressive part, it's that shortcut button on the case itself, I think that has quite a bit of potential. I think they could use that technology in their own line of cases without any partnerships.

Their choice in pairing up with a celebrity was a miss, imo. EDM is taking the radio waves by storm, but the demographic is quite small. No way I would buy one, they don't look good and I don't like that genre of music.