Goodbye illegal tethering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow02

Reaction score
The thing is, you can rant and rant as much as you want. But what's the point? No one is going to be like "You know what, he's right! I better not tether because it's wrong", and then change what they're doing.

It's just funny. The only logical reason for your repetitive pulpit riding is to incite a response. The definition of trolling.

Snow02

Reaction score
But you could be dense enough to think your words carry any weight. Again, the internet...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The thing is, you can rant and rant as much as you want. But what's the point? No one is going to be like "You know what, he's right! I better not tether because it's wrong", and then change what they're doing.

It's just funny. The only logical reason for your repetitive pulpit riding is to incite a response. The definition of trolling.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum. a place where you discuss things, and differing opinions or facts are presented. so you're suggesting that the OP shouldn't have started this thread, and when it immediately derailed into an "i can do this because wah wah wah", everyone except those who felt they had the right to violate their contract should have stopped posting? Ok...then I apologize, I guess?

blackbelt27

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if I have an unlimited plan or a tiered plan. If I pay for x amount of data, it doesn't matter how I use it. Tethered data doesn't cost the network anymore in resources than non-tethered.

/thread

That's exactly what I've been trying to say, completely agree

lockman

Reaction score
I'm going to back my truck up to the nearest Golden Corral. They advertise all you can eat, not all you can eat while you're here. So I'm going to clean em out!
^^^ That sounds as absurd as the arguments of the entitled ones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Vyvid

Reaction score
I think both of you should put it away. Keep the pissing contest at the urinal.

~*Sent from a Galaxy far, far away*~

killavbeez

Reaction score
my point, and this has always been my point, is they can charge for whatever they see fit, that they are allowed to charge for per the contract. it has nothing to do with magical data or civil rights marches in washington dc. if you sign an agreement, you're bound by it. it's open and shut. black and white. no gray area. no one was misled by verizon, no one was told that tethering is included. EVERYONE was specifically told that tethering was not included (and again, it doesn't have to be verbally told to you by some guy in a verizon uniform), and EVERYONE agreed to it by signing their contract. whether i think it's bs is irrelevant, because i agreed to it. There are laws that people may think are bs, but is that gonna fly in court when you stand before a judge? "I think it's bs, so i can do what i want"...no.

well since we know these forums affect nothing, and are fueled by user input, im glad to hear you think its bs at least haha. paying for unlimited data should be exactly what it is, no matter how its used. i stand by anything supporting that...

the problem is that as crack down goes through, people are jumping to what they think theyve paid for, even past their own signature. especially people that didnt even know what tethering was, until after getting a smart phone. 80% of people who walk in and sign a smart phone contract are hopping on a touch screen bandwagon, or had someone tell them "android phones are cool!" if tethering was mentioned theyd be like "uhm...ok sure. i need a phone with internet"

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And so ends the latest discussion of tethering and whether it's right or wrong. Time to close down this one too. Say goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.