Goodbye bionic, hello Function.

TSXXX

Reaction score
I don't care if the function comes out in December, I will still wait on it. I was super excited for the bionic but I think its time for me to switch from Motorola, especially after seeing those benchmark scores from the SG2. Has it been confirmed that the function will have the exact same specs?

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no function yet. Verizon hasn't leaked any info on the possible variant. The only way that we know verizon may get it is because samsung said it wanted to release it as the function on vzw. No word if vzw has accepted the variant or if it is in development. Verizon could hold this off for a long time, but who knows.

Sent from my fascinate

kendeezy

Reaction score
i also read that the samsung function name was already trademarked and patented. i dont know if it was by verizon or not. im just hoping that this phone comes out sooner than later :icon_eek: :icon_ banana:

DoctorV

Reaction score
This is really odd that the Bionic seems to be set to come out in about a month and we've heard diddly squat about the Verizon version of the GSII. I was really hoping they would be launching around the same time so I could have at least compared the two and made a decision but at this point it looks like I'm going with the Bionic because I won't be able to wait any longer. Sadly I probably would have gone with the GSII. I guess there's always hope in the off chance of a stealth launch within the month.

I'm also surprised that we still don't know if it will have an LTE radio in it. It would be sad if it didn't. Then it would be like a Samsung version of a DX2.

sophocles

Reaction score
Don't suppose that the S2 could have been rebranded as the Plato in the roadmap? Maybe someone in marketing caught on that Function is not so great a name?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, because the function is nowhere to be seen on vzws roadmap. I am not going to wait much longer though. I will see how Droid 3 and bionic turn out and then I will make my decision. I have had my eye set on the inc2 also. I am not playing the waiting game much longer.

Sent from my fascinate