Bionic or Galaxy

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by kylo77, Jul 8, 2011.

1. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

I realize we have a tentative date for the Bionic on August 4th but where is the Galaxy S2 (Function??? crappy name!)? I did some searching and found the news report below. It provides a very good overview of the devices and best known specs. Personally I'd wait for the Galaxy if it were a few weeks out but the Bionic will be tough to pass up.

Is Samsung Galaxy S2 Preferred Over Motorola Droid Bionic? - International Business Times
  2. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Galaxy 2 is the way to go, because the Bionic will ship with a locked boot loader.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder
  3. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

locked bootloader stops root? roms? or just overclocking

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. RockXP

RockXP New Member

S2 all the way
  5. dstripedape

dstripedape New Member

SgII also will probly have better screen samoled plus. But lawsuit makes me think I'm going bionic 4g

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

Yeah the lawsuit is what is making me think that the Galaxy may not be hitting the market anytime soon. It's available overseas and on Amazon but as a GSM phone.

We have until the beginning of August to see how it plays out. If there is an announcement (leaked or otherwise) on the Galaxy then I may hold out. Otherwise going Bionic.
  7. Droidram56

Droidram56 New Member

There are more rumors today that the U.S. debut of the S2 may be delayed. But no word on how long of a delay.
  8. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G New Member

Not really. The Droid X has a locked bootloader and can do all three of those things. So it really isn't a big deal.

But I would take the Bionic over the Galaxy S2.
    The Galaxy S2 probably won't have LTE, and thats something all the smartphones should have.

So from the no 4G, lower resolution, iPhonish home button, lack of updates Samsung gives, and Touchwiz, I think I will take the Bionic.
  9. eperrine

eperrine New Member

Lol, the Bionic vs. Galaxy s2? What an insult. G2 all the way, for several reasons.
  10. regkilla

regkilla New Member

Droid Bionic does ®
  11. mach330

mach330 New Member

I really want the gs2. But I have a feeling it won't be out for a while and won't have 4g. I'm leaning towards the bionic unless I find it too bulky in which case I would wait for gs2.
  12. XaeroR35

XaeroR35 New Member

It is a big deal because if I recall you can only use roms built off the source ROM for the phone. Meaning you cant move to newer Android versions unless it is released or leaked by the manufacturer.
  13. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Bionic all the way. HTC makes plastic phones and I HATE Sense!
  14. Realistic

Realistic New Member

galaxy s II, if I have to spend close to two years with a phone it better have a beautiful screen like super amoled
  15. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

I keep my phones for the full contract and I really deelbas though both will be considerably outdated in a year. The way things are going I don't believe 1 gig of ram will be enough to run these super phones in a year.

I'm personally going to use my D1 until I see something that I must have come out.

Features I'd like to see: at least dual core, s amoled + screen, more than 1 gig of ram, at least 16 gig internal, lte, NFC, HDMI out, I think that's it. Neither the S2 nor bionic meet this so I'm happy waiting.

But the way the s2 is now over seas, that's the phone to have if you can not wait. I'm sure it will be mich different if Verizon got it.

Sent from OG Droid sporting SS5.4 w/HoneyGingerComb and Chevy's lv1.0ghz kernal
  16. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ummm, you do realize the S2 isn't all plastic, has no Sense and is made by Samsung, not HTC, correct? ;)
  17. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 New Member

I thought it was confirmed no LTE for GS2 because the radio was too big to fit inside
  18. leonozug

leonozug New Member

I am leaning toward the Galaxy S II...it looks amazing, I've seen lots of videos on it and it blows everything out there away. Plus, it will look less iphone-ish IF it comes to the states. We have yet to see what the specs are truly going to be on the Bionic, so I would have to wait and see how it stacks up against the GSII honestly. The Bionic will have to impress me when it finally does see the light of day. I'm not too high on the Qhd Pentile screen, but if it is sporting a 1.5Ghz processsor and 1gig of DDR2 RAM, I may have to give it a hard look.
  19. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G New Member

Bionic>GS2 now that is is looking like a very slim chance of having LTE
  20. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 New Member

Although the screen isnt great, since I live and go to school in a 4g area I need my next phone to have 4g. 90% chance that the GS2 wont have verizon 4g LTE. I've had an upgrade for a while, and I didnt want to get the current 4g phones because they are all single core, even if the performance benefits arent anything special at this time, I just want to have the latest tech. LTE and Dual core is it and the only phone that fits the bill currently is the Bionic. I really hope it has the 4.5in screen because the Infuse looks amazing in real life. (Plastic build quality not so much.