Bionic or Galaxy

kylo77

Reaction score

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Galaxy 2 is the way to go, because the Bionic will ship with a locked boot loader.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
locked bootloader stops root? roms? or just overclocking

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dstripedape

Reaction score
SgII also will probly have better screen samoled plus. But lawsuit makes me think I'm going bionic 4g

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
kylo77

kylo77

Reaction score
Yeah the lawsuit is what is making me think that the Galaxy may not be hitting the market anytime soon. It's available overseas and on Amazon but as a GSM phone.

We have until the beginning of August to see how it plays out. If there is an announcement (leaked or otherwise) on the Galaxy then I may hold out. Otherwise going Bionic.

Droidram56

Reaction score
Yeah the lawsuit is what is making me think that the Galaxy may not be hitting the market anytime soon. It's available overseas and on Amazon but as a GSM phone.

We have until the beginning of August to see how it plays out. If there is an announcement (leaked or otherwise) on the Galaxy then I may hold out. Otherwise going Bionic.
There are more rumors today that the U.S. debut of the S2 may be delayed. But no word on how long of a delay.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Not really. The Droid X has a locked bootloader and can do all three of those things. So it really isn't a big deal.

But I would take the Bionic over the Galaxy S2.
The Galaxy S2 probably won't have LTE, and thats something all the smartphones should have.

So from the no 4G, lower resolution, iPhonish home button, lack of updates Samsung gives, and Touchwiz, I think I will take the Bionic.

mach330

Reaction score
I really want the gs2. But I have a feeling it won't be out for a while and won't have 4g. I'm leaning towards the bionic unless I find it too bulky in which case I would wait for gs2.

XaeroR35

Reaction score

Not really. The Droid X has a locked bootloader and can do all three of those things. So it really isn't a big deal.

It is a big deal because if I recall you can only use roms built off the source ROM for the phone. Meaning you cant move to newer Android versions unless it is released or leaked by the manufacturer.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I keep my phones for the full contract and I really deelbas though both will be considerably outdated in a year. The way things are going I don't believe 1 gig of ram will be enough to run these super phones in a year.

I'm personally going to use my D1 until I see something that I must have come out.

Features I'd like to see: at least dual core, s amoled + screen, more than 1 gig of ram, at least 16 gig internal, lte, NFC, HDMI out, I think that's it. Neither the S2 nor bionic meet this so I'm happy waiting.

But the way the s2 is now over seas, that's the phone to have if you can not wait. I'm sure it will be mich different if Verizon got it.

Sent from OG Droid sporting SS5.4 w/HoneyGingerComb and Chevy's lv1.0ghz kernal