Bionic or Galaxy

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I thought it was confirmed no LTE for GS2 because the radio was too big to fit inside

leonozug

Reaction score
I am leaning toward the Galaxy S II...it looks amazing, I've seen lots of videos on it and it blows everything out there away. Plus, it will look less iphone-ish IF it comes to the states. We have yet to see what the specs are truly going to be on the Bionic, so I would have to wait and see how it stacks up against the GSII honestly. The Bionic will have to impress me when it finally does see the light of day. I'm not too high on the Qhd Pentile screen, but if it is sporting a 1.5Ghz processsor and 1gig of DDR2 RAM, I may have to give it a hard look.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I am leaning toward the Galaxy S II...it looks amazing, I've seen lots of videos on it and it blows everything out there away. Plus, it will look less iphone-ish IF it comes to the states. We have yet to see what the specs are truly going to be on the Bionic, so I would have to wait and see how it stacks up against the GSII honestly. The Bionic will have to impress me when it finally does see the light of day. I'm not too high on the Qhd Pentile screen, but if it is sporting a 1.5Ghz processsor and 1gig of DDR2 RAM, I may have to give it a hard look.
Although the screen isnt great, since I live and go to school in a 4g area I need my next phone to have 4g. 90% chance that the GS2 wont have verizon 4g LTE. I've had an upgrade for a while, and I didnt want to get the current 4g phones because they are all single core, even if the performance benefits arent anything special at this time, I just want to have the latest tech. LTE and Dual core is it and the only phone that fits the bill currently is the Bionic. I really hope it has the 4.5in screen because the Infuse looks amazing in real life. (Plastic build quality not so much.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
locked bootloader stops root? roms? or just overclocking

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Not really. The Droid X has a locked bootloader and can do all three of those things. So it really isn't a big deal.

It is a big deal because if I recall you can only use roms built off the source ROM for the phone. Meaning you cant move to newer Android versions unless it is released or leaked by the manufacturer.

not cool I do like upgrading versions asap but if its the only draw back its not so bad

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
About the SGS2 Function:
Is it LTE? This isn't really a big one to me, as I don't really care either way (actually to be honest I would prefer it not to be LTE just to have a smaller device if nothing else). My state doesn't have 1 city with LTE eventually, and I don't live in or near the biggest city in my state....so I don't envision getting LTE anytime soon. Also, I am around wifi a lot... but this is still a valid question about this device.

What processor is it going to have? I have heard rumors about Samsung going to the Tegra 2 for their stateside release. This would be a step down from the Exynos. There are also rumors that they could step the processor up to 1.4GHz, because of the delay in release.

Will Verizon gimp it again like they did with the original SGS (it has less RAM than all the other SGS phones)? Maybe Verizon will gimp it in some other way.

How will it's battery life be? With it's possible new specs (LTE and T2) how will the battery hold up.

Will it still be thin?

When will it come out? Quite a few rumors that it could be a while before the SGS2 hits shelves in the US. 6 months from now, we could be talking quad core phones with 1.5gb and 2gb of RAM on the near horizon. SGS2 wouldn't be looking so hot then. Sure it would still be a fine device I am sure, but next gen...no.

About the Bionic:
How will the software be? Their recent software offerings haven't been very promising, DX2 is buggy. DX's Gingerbread update is buggy, so buggy that they have put off releasing updates for their other Droids. I haven't had a chance to play with the D3 or read much about it since it's release (I like to wait to read full thoughts on devices, where they have had a chance to actually use it for more than 24hrs) and it's new software. I don't like bugs.

How will it's display be? It seems to be kind of a tossup between the pro-pentile and anti-pentile on the displays. I imagine the larger you go though the more apparent it's flaws would become. Since this one is rumored to be 4.5"....maybe it is unbearable for some.

How will it's battery life be? I have seen some people that say the D3 get bad battery life in their first few times using it. Since they have similar hardware, how will it hold up. Also this is Moto's first LTE device, so maybe it lives in the Thunderbolt area where they get 1 - 2 hours of battery usage at times. Motorola is usually pretty good in this department, and since the phone comes with a fairly beefy battery stock I assume they did that to combat this issue....

How will the memory situation work? Is it going to be like the Atrix where some of the RAM is partitioned (I guess that is the word I want to use here) to the WebTop OS. Or is it going to allow you full access.

That doesn't even include some general questions I have about both. How comfortable will they be to hold and carry around with me all day? I have rather large hands, so a large device probably won't bother me. But if it feels as though I have a Moto Xoom in my pant pocket I probably won't enjoy that.

Of course my questions/concerns don't really pertain to everyone. But as I am debating on what to do with my upgrade, these are some of the thoughts I have about these two devices.