Bionic or Galaxy S2

shdowman

Reaction score
I agree. Fascinate perfectly adequate for now for what I do. I am not going to jump and get a tbolt on a 1 yr contract. I will wait for S2 and jump into 2 yr again. That phone should be future proofed enough to last 20 months. Going to miss that 1 yr early upgrade. :( We'll see what vzw prices their 4g at that time to determine if I get it from another carrier (which it'll likely be available from first). I love VZW but their shifting policies are getting a bit squirrely. /sigh.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
So if it's launched on May 1st in UK that means VZ will have it in August-September as it usually happens with this type of phones that start selling in EU first . I'm not expecting this on VZ anytime sooner than 2 months after AT&T , T-Mobile and Sprint will get one .

I am thinking more in the 4thQ If it comes to Verizon to be their Big seller for Christmas sales.

girlsliketech2

Reaction score
So if it's launched on May 1st in UK that means VZ will have it in August-September as it usually happens with this type of phones that start selling in EU first . I'm not expecting this on VZ anytime sooner than 2 months after AT&T , T-Mobile and Sprint will get one .

I don't know anything about the fascinate (other than it's verizon's galaxy) nor do I know anything about the late release (compared to other carriers) but I did recall running across and article that seemed to blame it's couple of month lagging on the "bing" software that was included.

Was this true? And if that's the case wouldn't there be home that the s2 won't have that same "issue" or delay?

shdowman

Reaction score

I don't know anything about the fascinate (other than it's verizon's galaxy) nor do I know anything about the late release (compared to other carriers) but I did recall running across and article that seemed to blame it's couple of month lagging on the "bing" software that was included.

Was this true? And if that's the case wouldn't there be home that the s2 won't have that same "issue" or delay?

Yes, Fascinate has bing all through it. Likely the reason for delay. However no one can guess verizon's reasoning behind the release. It was hardly marketed and given no real chance. Had it been a "droid" would've been a different story. If they bing the S2 out, that will be the final straw for me.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

I am thinking more in the 4thQ If it comes to Verizon to be their Big seller for Christmas sales.

I never thought of that angle, but you have a very valid point.

And I have to say, if it has Bing, I do find it less attractive than I did before. Not by much, but some.

Hate hard decisions.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Google is working on blocking Bing from being put on their devices. I will not get the S2 if it has Bing. Bing search and maps are horrible on the Fascinate. I tried to give it a chance, but Bing sux. Thankfully my fascinate is rooted and debinged.

shdowman

Reaction score

Doubtful. The Targa and iphone 5 will be their holiday phones with some midrange nonsense thrown in.

Reaction score
I'm wanting the tartan bad (if the rumors of it being more open are true) but I've been waiting since last September and I don't think I can hold out... maybe I'll do one if those sell old phone buy new ones lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Doubtful. The Targa and iphone 5 will be their holiday phones with some midrange nonsense thrown in.

I do not think we will see the Targa this year IMO. I think it will be 1Q of next year. I read somewhere that there will be no quad core released in 2011. Remember the Thunderbolts pictures was 1st leaked around this time last year as the the Incredible HD. And we all know it has released in February of this year. So I would not get my hopes high about the Targa for this year.. Again this is my opinion and also what I read a while back.

Reaction score
That actually sounds about right, @ this point, if the bionic comes out this month I'm def getting it

EFGantry

Reaction score
has there been any more insider info/rumors on the Targa and quad core??? i've been out of the loop a little lately; but last i heard, it was just an unlikely possibility that Targa would be quad core. CK and others seemed pretty confident that the Targa would be out this year (possibly even Q3) - which means most likely it's a dual core phone...???

Reaction score
I don't think they will have the PROCESSOR done till late q3-q4 so I wouldn't expect phones till January at he VERY earliest... similar to how dual-cores have been this year :p