Good Roms?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No. Safe strap development has ceased. They all require an unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

kac8866

Reaction score
So using twrp, I go to install, choose the zip, and that's it. I don't need to mount the system do I? This is after wiping system, data, and cache of course.

KaChow

Reaction score
So using twrp, I go to install, choose the zip, and that's it. I don't need to mount the system do I? This is after wiping system, data, and cache of course.

You do need to Mount = System, on TWRP only.

Start by booting into Recovery, go into Wipe> Advanced Wiple, check Dalvik, System, Data, Cache, then Swipe to Wipe. Go into Mount> check System (only), back out> go to Install, sdcard, find the files and flash. Flashing order 1) Kernel (if ROM requires it), 2) ROM, 3) Gapps (if needed), 4) Theme (if needed and flashable), 5) Boot logo (if desired)... and then reboot.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
You don't need to mount system on non safe strap ROMs. Its built into the updater script. I have never mounted system.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

KaChow

Reaction score
In terms of mounting, I'm not going to debate whether it should or should not be done. I've always viewed flashing ports as something different anyhow. With some of the ROMs that are found elsewhere, like the Aviator HD ROM, or the JellyHaters 2.0 HD ROM, or RageHD v1.1 ROM, Droid Nexesque HD ROM, XT926 4.1.2 DST ROM, Adromadus ParanoidAndroid, or even the 9.16.6 base, these ROMs are running 4.1.2 as the base, you will need to flash a 4.1.2 kernel if you are coming from a ROM that is not 4.1.2. These ROMs that came out after the 9.16.6 base was done on April 9th, represent the new development of ROMs designed for those with Unlocked bootloaders. Of course those earlier ROMs prior to April 9th are often called "SafeStrap ROMs" which those ROMs use a different base which is mostly a 9.1.39a base that runs on JB 4.1.1. I can't say that I have tried them since removing Safestrap, but others have mentioned success in flashing those ROMs. One thing is for certain, Safestrap development has ended for those with an Unlocked Bootloader.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Nice write up.

Safestrap development has ended period. :) Dhacker has removed the support code from his ROMs, and Hash has stated he is no longer developing SS. Unlocked is the way to go.

kac8866

Reaction score
Well I took the plunge and unlocked the bootloader. I had a rooted OG Droid so a similiar experience. A quick question though. Can you flash a ROM for the Razr HD on the Razr Maxx HD?

KaChow

Reaction score
Well I took the plunge and unlocked the bootloader. I had a rooted OG Droid so a similiar experience. A quick question though. Can you flash a ROM for the Razr HD on the Razr Maxx HD?

Yes, it is the same phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

kac8866

Reaction score
Thanks... just wanted to make sure. Currently running unofficial AOKP 4.2.2 4-27-13. Might check out Rage and Carbon black