Good Roms?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Are there any good roms to try now that we have recovery?
There is a ROM tread under the HACKS forum on this Forum's home page. Droidrzr.com also has a list of ROMs for Droid Razr phones.

KaChow

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is, there are some really strong Developers that recently submitted Development plans for the XT926 on another forum, to receive "free" Razr HD/Maxx HD devices. These Developers which I know of one and at least one or more additional Devs are going to be receiving Razr HD's. The Development goals is to create not only ROMs but also to create Kernel's in addition. As more progresses, we should start seeing an increase in Development support. :biggrin:

OP
D

Dre051288

Reaction score
Can i install a ROM that says i need safe strap.. On CWM recovery...no safe strap

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Can i install a ROM that says i need safe strap.. On CWM recovery...no safe strap
You should always follow the developers instruction when flashing ROMs. If it recommends or specifies using SafeStrap then that is what you should use. I know there are ROMs that will only flash to your phone using SafeStrap (not sure of the technical reason for that).

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Just something for you to consider/thank about: If you have the Maxx HD you can now unlock the bootloader. With an unlocked bootloader flashing ROMs (and themes, kernels etc) is much "cleaner". If you think you may want to do that (unlock bootloader) I recommend you read Kachow's thread in this forum about how to unlock your bootloader. It is a one step process (you just run a .bat file). You must be rooted to unlock the bootloader and once you do that you can never return the bootloader to a locked status. Once unlocked you can then load a custom recovery, again a one step process. Motorola is going to release an update pretty soon that will "fix/patch" the "hole" in the current bootloader on your phone, if that happens then the current exploit to unlock your bootloader will be useless. So, don't think to long...Motorola is sure the patch the current "hole".

OP
D

Dre051288

Reaction score
I have root, unlocked bootloader, and clockwork mod recovery installed. Are there any ROMs made to install on my RAZR maxx HD?

KaChow

Reaction score
^ That's for the developer edition though. Would it work for the "regulars?"

It works for the XT926, with Root, an Unlocked Bootloader, and Custom Recovery either CWM or TWRP (RageHD seems to function best right now on CWM) if anyone is on TWRP, just run the Recovery Flasher V3 and install CWM.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Rage works fine on twrp 2.5. Just make sure to mount system first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Thread moved to HD/MAXX HD support....

kac8866

Reaction score
I see several ROMs under the Razr hack forum. But will these work on the HD version?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No. They need to be made specifically for the HD/Mass HD.

"Good" ROMs out so far, in my opinion, are
-Carbon
-PACman
-CM10.1
-AOKP

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

kac8866

Reaction score
I was 99% sure of that since the phones are different builds. Do you have links to any of those ROMs?