1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Good linux starter book?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by thatguychuck, Feb 8, 2010.

1. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

So I've been bit by the bug, and don't think I'll get a handle on things until I read up and find a cheap pc to toy with. Any suggestions for reading?
  2. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

I learned by installing from scratch... when I ran into an issue or didn't know something google was my friend.

As for books, there are a few good ones out there if your the reading type.... myself, I'm more of a hands on trial and error guy lol

Good luck though, it's both fun and time consuming.

Tech ARP - ARP's Linux Noob Guide
  3. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

I've always been accustomed to the Bible Edition Books. Don't be intimdated of how big they are either :D

As far as starting Distros, I recommend either Fedora or Ubuntu when the time comes for you to install one :D

I use Ubuntu to this day and love it, I personally love the Gnome Desktop over KDE