Golf Card Users

Milehighjc

Reaction score
I hope you have better luck, but would suggest that you try to set up a new round now to test (before you get to the course). Ive sent the support email a note, hopefully they can get it fixed, or guide me on what Im doing wrong (should be nothing since Im following the FAQ on their web site).

Will be curious to hear how it goes for you. I suspect if someone with an i-phone has uploaded the course maybe you will be ok. Im assuming the upload function actually is implemented on i-phone, things seem to happen there first for GolfCard.

In the short term, I guess Im looking for a new app... :icon_evil:

jc

mikedav1

Reaction score
I was confused when I first updated and looked at it. I just thought they were getting usga handicaps now with a fee and ability to upload to usga. I was wondering what the deal was with the markers, but I thought because i am miles from a course, it would work when I got there.
Looking at golf logix now, among others.

Edit: I used Gold card this past wknd. It worked very nice, all of the markers were there and I did like the sim view. Have to sign up at USGA to get a handicap, i do miss that.
I tried Golf Logic. I did not think it was user friendly at all. Maybe the paid version is different. Can you actually store courses on GolfLogic to return to?

Last edited:

Milehighjc

Reaction score
I reported the problem I had to the developer. It took a couple of days (Im sure they were buried under support issues), but I got an email back that said they had replicated the problem and would have it fixed within a few days. Sure enough its fixed, in fact it appears that all the courses that I had been using now have markers available for them, which is GREAT news.

The new interface is better looking. There are some things that work differently, but I think in the long run Ill like them just fine.

The oob decision is still one I question, but I didnt do a lot of analysis on the oob site, so I may not really know what Im missing. For the price, the features I want the most is the score/stat tracking, and the range finder.

I havent used it yet, but hopefully can get out this week to try it. I REALLY missed it on last Saturday's round (it was still broken then).

jc

Milehighjc

Reaction score
For what its worth, thought I would post an update. Not sure anyone is still using this program anymore.

After a painful several weeks, Golf Card PRO seems to be working fine for me again. I miss the integration with oob, but after reading the explanation on the GolfCard website, I can understand what happened. In the end, I think they handled the PR horribly (took action without an immediate understandable explanation, in fact tried to position the move to USHANDICAP as an improvement, which it was not).

Having said that, the courses I play frequently have either been marked by me, or someone else, and the app itself works much as it did before, in fact the user interface is a bit better I think - at least it LOOKS better, there are a few quirks in how it works now that are counter intuitive.

I was away on a bit of vacation last week, and had to mark a course that I intended to play - GolfCardMgr worked fine, and the course was available for download only seconds after I uploaded it.

Net - poorly handled PR, but a working app as far as Im concerned. I still see many one star ratings/comments in the market, have to say I dont agree with them anymore - probably back to a 3 or 4 star (I lean towards 4 star, I still love having the scorecard, and range finder).

jc

tmar23

Reaction score
I have the free caddie pro app, and i really like it. The main view is very simple, yardage to hazards, and green in big font so it is easy to view. If you want to see a "flyover" of the hole, that is available at the click of a button. The flyover allows you to see the entire hole, and click anywhere to get distance to that point. It was a one-time fee of $14.95 or something, but well worth it in my mind.

I first had the free version and was a bit disappointed since it didn't have the flyover view. Now that I have upgraded to the pro version, I am really liking it.

So far, it has had every course available to download, with the exception of one. Of course, I could have created it prior, or did it while I was on the course, but did not.

As for battery life, I can get 18 holes in, and have about 10-20% battery left (on a full charge). I just bought the extended battery and am hoping that helps extend the life a bit.

Pretty happy overall, just my 2 cents in case anyone was undecided on a golf gps app yet.