Problem with Motorola Droid Plastic cases

alleyk

Reaction score
This is really weird, but I bought two cases for my Droid that both cause the screen to go black immediately after placing a call and then it drops the call after a few seconds! I have a hard plastic case from Verizon that works fine, I just can't figure out why these don't work! I asked the place where I bought them if anyone else had reported this problem and of course they said no. They did ship me the second case free, but it causes the same problem. I'll try to upload photos of the cases. Please help!

P_McNeal

Reaction score
Ahh... I wondered who bought those blingy-type cases. :p

One issue may be that there are additional sensors on the top left of the ear hole that are not cut out on your case.

OP
A

alleyk

Reaction score
Bling Case Problem

Yes, I LOVE the blingy cases! I think you're right. Both of those cases seem to be covering up the sensor at the top left. I've emailed the place I got them, but doubt if I'll hear anything from them. Thanks!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I LOVE the blingy cases! I think you're right. Both of those cases seem to be covering up the sensor at the top left. I've emailed the place I got them, but doubt if I'll hear anything from them. Thanks!

Find some one with a Dremel and have them cut out a hole for the sensor. Seems like this should be easily fixed.