Gold metal screen on back...

gentlefury

Reaction score
There's an easy fix to the droid dent problem. I just fabricated a solid brass screen that slips right over the sticker. I thought it came out pretty slick! I posted this info on the other droid dent thread. Check it out!

View attachment 3346

View attachment 3347

View attachment 3348

HAHA...so your "easy" fix is to fabricate a brass screen to replace the one thats there.....what do you do that that is a simple fix?

No dent on mine btw....flat.

elijah.357

Reaction score
There's an easy fix to the droid dent problem. I just fabricated a solid brass screen that slips right over the sticker. I thought it came out pretty slick! I posted this info on the other droid dent thread. Check it out!

View attachment 3346

View attachment 3347

View attachment 3348

HAHA...so your "easy" fix is to fabricate a brass screen to replace the one thats there.....what do you do that that is a simple fix?

No dent on mine btw....flat.

It isnt rocket science, you just cut the mesh to size. Maybe the word fabricate threw you off?

fab·ri·cate (f b r -k t ). tr.v. fab·ri·cat·ed, fab·ri·cat·ing, fab·ri·cates. 1. To make; create

elijah.357

Reaction score
....a solid brass screen that slips right over the sticker.

How is it applied? Glue?

For clarification...I am asking how your piece of brass was applied.

-Mike

It just slips right over the existing sticker and is held firmly in place by the battery cover...no glue required. Its quite simple really.

It can easily be removed as well. ; )

MJ5150

Reaction score
It just slips right over the existing sticker and is held firmly in place by the battery cover...no glue required. Its quite simple really.

It can easily be removed as well. ; )

Right on! Thanks for the clarification.

I'm going to go find me a piece of black or black chrome mesh tomorrow. Then I'll pull off the gold/copper sticker and use my new fabricated piece.

Next up will be an attempt to change out the gold/copper camera button.

-Mike