Gold metal screen on back...

Droid916

Reaction score
While this is not an accessory...does anyone know if a replacement can be purchased?
I didnt realize until after I had my phone activated, that the salesperson put a dent in my screen as he was either taking off my case cover or battery cover.

I was considering taking it off...try and straighten it out and then paint it black.
Not sure if its just adhesive that keeps it in place.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
If I recall correctly it is glued on. It is not repairable as it will be destroyed when you try to remove it.

danwanna

Reaction score
I am pretty sure they are all that way. I had the same concern and check with a couple friends' Droids and they all have the dent as well.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is another thread on this - someone posted pictures of one taken apart and the gold part just covers up the speaker hole. It really has no function other than to keep dust out and not have an ugly hole where the sound comes out of.

Imagine taking a regular speaker grill off - it functions the same just doesn't look as good.

Mine has a dent right in the center.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
No dents here on mine either. A custom grill would be cool though!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

allikanbe

Reaction score
Yeh, I'm thinking make the grill look like as set of alligator teeth with an LED.

i think some people think too much about this phone. :icon_eek:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine has a dent as well, it was there the day I got it but didn't realize until I got home. I took a small needle and put it through the middle hole where the small dent was and pushed up a little and it pulled it out a good amount. I used a normal tiny sized sewing needle in case anyone wants to try it.