GO Big Red~ New Husker

Stephens

Reaction score
Hi, I am from Nebraska. I haven't gotten a Droid yet. And right now I am doing my research on which one to get. I am thinking the Droid 2 or the "X".

If anyone has any views of which one is better than the other. I will gladly take your opinion. Right now I have a Blackberry Curve 8330.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. The d2 and dx are both good phones so it really comes down to preference. What is more important to you, a big screen or a physical keyboard? That's really over simplifying things but imo you can't go wrong with either phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Battery life on either phone is gonna come down to use and the X does have a bit larger screen so the display will use a bit more battery but they are both fast processors...once you tweak your settings, you will find a happy medium for you...it will not compare to the battery life of a blackberry but you are gaining so much more...(I currently use a BB World Tour for work and it doesn't compare to my X)...

Good luck on your decision and if ya get the opportunity, definitely check both of the phones out at the local VZW store so you can get a feel for them and how they will work for you...

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Hi, I am from Nebraska. I haven't gotten a Droid yet. And right now I am doing my research on which one to get. I am thinking the Droid 2 or the "X".

If anyone has any views of which one is better than the other. I will gladly take your opinion. Right now I have a Blackberry Curve 8330.

Hey fellow nebraskan, hard to make a bad decision when you have it narrowed down to those 2 phones. You just need to figure out what you want... if a physical keyboard is a must, get the droid 2...x only has on screen keyboard. Want a bigger screen, get the X...

Personally if I were getting a new droid Id choose the X...physical keyboard isn't a must for me and I wouldn't mind the extra screen space

Check this link for a lineup of the 2... Motorola DROID 2 vs Motorola DROID X - Phone Arena

And when you get it id reccomend getting a new launcher off the bat, ADW and LauncherPro are the 2 favorites, LauncherPro runs smoother on my phone so that's what I use.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Unfortunately, due to the Buckeyes kicking the Nittany Lions butt yesterday my avatar is changed. There a quite a few of us here that "root" for teams in the Big Ten. Very soon, you will too.

Mike