GNex battery life..does it get any worse than this?

Reaction score
Just got my GNex today..loving this phone and I do not want to take it back..BUT the battery so far is horrible..I hope it gets better in time..let me know if this happened to you when you got your GNex..thanks in advance...

Btw my hands are itching to root this thing already..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Battery life is usually bad when you first get a phone. You have to let the battery die out and then charge it up.

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
same thing happened to me. Horrible at first. I wasn't sure this could be my everyday phone. Its gotten much better since then. Make sure you disable Google+ and Google talk. Those two apps are huge battery drainers

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Battery life is usually bad when you first get a phone. You have to let the battery die out and then charge it up.

That's what I thought..so should I let it completely die and shut off on its own? And than fully charge it while turned off with no break?

gthotie5

Reaction score
Battery life is pretty bad for me too. And that's coming from a D2G.

You can shut down background data and turn your brightness down.. those are some easy ones that some people can live with.
and when you root you can under volt.

I just carry 2 extra batteries with me.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

OP
whatuseekisfire
Reaction score
Battery life is pretty bad for me too. And that's coming from a D2G.

You can shut down background data and turn your brightness down.. those are some easy ones that some people can live with.
and when you root you can under volt.

I just carry 2 extra batteries with me.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

I just came from a DX..with very good battery life..I just hope when I root it and install a custom ROM it'll help..it did on my DX..

captdroid

Reaction score
IDK I been getting pretty darn good battery life. Here are some screen shots. Almost entirely Wifi used for data that time frame but 3g was turned on and the phone was used for voice calls, constantly active sync for email, etc. I did use the phone which I would consider overall light use. The phone was not just sitting idol. Almost 30 hours with 28% battery left! Google+ and Talk are enabled and sync, of course background data is turned on. I do try and use the screen at lowest possible brightness. No under volting, stock ROM stock kernel. I do have setCPU profile 350-700 set for screen off. And I do have the extended battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-01-17-22-06-18.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-17-22-06-18.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 491
  • Screenshot_2012-01-17-22-06-26.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-17-22-06-26.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 472

Creed

Reaction score
IDK I been getting pretty darn good battery life. Here are some screen shots. Almost entirely Wifi used for data that time frame but 3g was turned on and the phone was used for voice calls, constantly active sync for email, etc. I did use the phone which I would consider overall light use. The phone was not just sitting idol. Almost 30 hours with 28% battery left! Google+ and Talk are enabled and sync, of course background data is turned on. I do try and use the screen at lowest possible brightness. No under volting, stock ROM stock kernel. I do have setCPU profile 350-700 set for screen off. And I do have the extended battery.

Screen on time?

Anyway, OP:
The Nexus takes almost no battery in standbye but will die after about 3.5 hours of screen on time so depending on your usage that could be a regular day of usage or much less.

captdroid

Reaction score
1.25 hours screen on time total that period. 1 hour of voice call usage.

Droidrookie84

Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327040257919.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1327040257919.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 406

steveil

Reaction score
4.0.3 is supposed to help. Not released yet OTA but available via ROMs.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got my GNex today..loving this phone and I do not want to take it back..BUT the battery so far is horrible..I hope it gets better in time..let me know if this happened to you when you got your GNex..thanks in advance...

Btw my hands are itching to root this thing already..

If you leave it stock, you're probably always going to be wishing for more battery life.

Get the extended battery and flash a custom 4.0.3 rom with a good kernel and all your worries will go away.

Mercutio

Reaction score
I get 12-18hrs of "normal" usage per day. Stock, extended battery.

4G, bluetooth on all day. WiFi always off. Autobrightness. I basically haven't messed with it at all, aside from throwing in the extended battery.

Best battery life I've ever had from an Android phone...

lazarus2297

Reaction score
1.25 hours screen on time total that period. 1 hour of voice call usage.

So out of 30hrs your screen was only on just over an hour and you were on wifi.. that explains your great battery life..
Use 4g/3g and that number would drop drastically..
Being on wifi helps a lot but not everyone has that luxury. :)
Also really I would consider your usage super lite with that low amount of screen on time.

imreddy

Reaction score
Is the extended battery worth it? Its only slightly larger than stick.