Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Looks like we're not the only ones!

Gmail's Synchronization Bug Is Far From Resolved: Users Still Reporting Issues Despite Promised Fix

Sounds like they're still not sure what's up. Glad to see they've collected some bug reports, but it's been a couple weeks now since then.

I don't know that I can blame Doze mode. Doesn't Doze "deactivate" when you pick the phone up and start using it? Doesn't seem to matter whether my phone is sitting in one place or being used. If it IS Doze, it has to be some kind of issue where the gmail app gets stuck in Doze mode? Idk if I'm buying that, especially when they did indeed say that the fix was coming server side.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The past few days have been pretty good for me as far as receiving push notifications. I did change an option on the phone regarding data access while roaming (mostly due to another possible issue) but I doubt that would have to do with the notification issue.

There were a few times when I'd open my Chrome at work and see an unread email that came in, but didn't recall getting a notification on the phone...but upon checking the phone, the notification was there. I have my phone set to vibrate only while at work and sometimes I can't feel it go off in my pocket. If I put the phone on my desk I'll certainly hear the buzz.

Crossing fingers here...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm still having issues here. My phone doesn't vibrate for emails, but my watch does. And if nothing else, I glance at the watch much more often. I just had a couple of new emails in my browser, but nothing on the phone. In fact, glancing at my tabs just now, there's another new email that my watch/phone aren't telling me about.

Good news is, that article I linked does have links to the Google forum article on the issue where the Googler has responded and updated a few times. Click on the dates when it's talking about his last post and it'll take you to there. You can +1 the issue and/or comment.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I shouldn't have said anything because now I'm not. LOL.

The other thing is I do force the sync to see the notification show up on my phone, I'll go into my browser, view the message and delete it...then on my phone, the message and notification stay present until I go and force that to go away.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. The sync seems to be lagging either way. I've deleted some late arriving emails on my phone a couple of times today, only to have to manually refresh my inbox in Chrome on my PC for them to actually go away.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
It seems that since just before getting the M update on my S6, I've been getting push notifications normally again.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I feel like I'm getting them more regularly now. I just got a gmail update in the last day or two. Of course, no mention of anything to do with sync in the "What's New" section.

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Mine have been working very well the last few days. Pretty much instant as they should be.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just did the M update this afternoon, and it seems as though emails are coming through in a timely manner. I'll pay more attention to it tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's been sporadic for me.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
+1 sporadic for me as well...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2dee80a9d714632d43d34b09c427d473.jpg

bcd873406a59a4870efda214c9af6e5d.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I thought there were sporadic notifications the past couple days, but then I realized...Doze is doing it's job.

While at work, I've been leaving my phone on my desk when I'm at my desk to let Doze do it's battery-saving thing. Then I'll notice in the browser on my computer that I get some email. Though the phone doesn't go off...I bump the phone or wake it up, and a second later I get the notification on the phone.