Gmail issues?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with Gmail not deleting emails on the server when you attempt to do so on your phone?

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I get too many emails to do that. But in the past when I have, they still do not delete on my desktop

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only way I see that happening is if you are using G-Mail with a mail client on the desktop, set as POP rather than IMAP. The best way to delete mail from the newest G-Mail app is with a (very quick) swipe.

harrellj

Reaction score
I have noticed that if I delete emails in gmail and then go to the web version of gmail, those emails are still there. If you hit refresh, a lot of times it'll recognize it right away, but generally it'll take 5 minutes to be done automatically.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Good point, it will take a minute or 3 to refresh and sync but I don't think that's the problem.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I think I figured out the problem. I turned off email sync awhile back because of how often it was keeping my phone awake. I guess I assumed that when I refreshed Gmail on my phone, it would refresh on the server that I had deleted the emails. We will find out this evening when I am back on my computer. For the time being, I just turned off notifications

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If that's working good, but my auto sync of the G-Mail is off and it still syncs the deletions when I refresh. Something else is not quite 100%

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken a look at Gmail on my computer in a couple days, so I'm not positive it is working. I keep forgetting to log in when I'm at home lol