1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gmail buttons@bottom: Way to switch or replace the ARCHIVE/DELETE/OLDER Buttons???

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jhilgart, Feb 24, 2010.

1. jhilgart

jhilgart New Member

Within the Gmail app/Inbox, there are 3 main buttons at the bottom(Archive, Delete, Older) which I accidentally hit on a regular basis when hitting the back arrow or reply and honestly these buttons are not ones I would choose to use on a regular basis. It would be much nicer to have, Reply, Forward, and Delete or Archive as the main buttons at the bottom of the screen. I have inadvertently archived about half of the emails I have read, or deleted them. Does anyone know how to switch those buttons or an app to do so??

I really want to see those buttons moved or changed.
  2. jhilgart

jhilgart New Member

Another idea for the Archive/Delete/Older Buttons In Gmail

Someone just mentioned this is something Gmail would hvave to do; therefore,

What about another Gmail app that someone could develop which would be exactly like the current one except with a few tweaks of the buttons, their name and functionality? I'm not a programmer, but would someone be able to copy all the code and rewrite part of it to change he functionality of those buttons and/or their location?
Search tags for this page

android gmail app delete button

android gmail delete instead of archive

android gmail disable archive button

delete button on gmail app

disable archive in gmail

droid gmail app removed delere button

gmail android delete button

gmail app buttons bottom
gmail app disable archive
gmail droid turn off archive

how do you delete archived from the bottom of gmail