Gmail Account Settings, et al.

toddmc518

Reaction score
Hello-

I'm on a steep learning curve here - just switched from an LG Chocolate to a Droid. A few questions.

When I activated my yahoo account on my Droid, I was able to give it a label or account name (JSmithYahoo). I did not see an option to assign an account name to my gmail account on the Droid. An account name does show up but it is slightly different than the actually gmail address (i.e. the account name shows [email protected], while my actual gmail address is [email protected]). The gmail account is working and syncing fine. The gamil account name is a minor irritant but am interested in renaming if possible.

Question 2: It appears the only way to change the Droid time-out lock period is to purchase an app. Is that correct?

Question 3: A number of apps that came with the phone are running in the background (i.e. MP3 Store from Amazon). Is this something that I need to police with future apps?

Any thoughts?
Regards,

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1 - i think to rename your gmail account you need to do it on your PC

2 - try screebl (if youre tired of your phone blacking out when your reading something etc)

3 - droid IS made for multitasking. so yes its ok to have a few running in the background.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello-

Question 2: It appears the only way to change the Droid time-out lock period is to purchase an app. Is that correct?

Any thoughts?
Regards,

No, not at all. Menu>Settings>Sound and Display Settings allows you to set the time-out period.

You may, however, find it more convenient to purchase Screebl. That allows you to set the timeout period to the shortest option (15 seconds) but have the screen timeout only when it is lying horizontally on, say, a table or a desk. For us non-obsessive/compulsive types, it's a godsend.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello-

Any thoughts?
Regards,

No, not at all. Menu>Settings>Sound and Display Settings allows you to set the time-out period.

You may, however, find it more convenient to purchase Screebl. That allows you to set the timeout period to the shortest option (15 seconds) but have the screen timeout only when it is lying horizontally on, say, a table or a desk. For us non-obsessive/compulsive types, it's a godsend.

orrrr you can try screebl lite :)