Gingerbread on May 27th

twin_rotor

Reaction score
Spoke to soon

Tried booting into recovery for no reason really and it hangs. Tried a half dozen times, had to pull battery each time.

Other than that, im enjoying the few little tweaks. Phone feels faster, but that might have just been from the hard reset. Internet on 3g and wifi IS faster.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Chimuel

Reaction score
Looks like rumors of delay are starting to float around don't know how serious to take this but check it out : (

Motorola Droid X Gingerbread Update Delayed - Gadgetian

I hope you read through to the source that was posted on the 25th and that site you linked to was late by 3 days to this "rumour".

Source link: Rumor: Gingerbread DROID X Build Rejected by Verizon? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I'm running the official Gingerbread update 4.5.596... and so are a few people who got it OTA.

Next time, check multiple sources.

Last edited:

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I can't pull in the OTA update...on wifi my phone just sits there searching. I have left it for 30 minutes, and no messages or update, just keeps searching. On 3G it says "check for update cannot be performed at this time". So I guess the rumor about the OTA going to only some people, and the rest of us having to wait until June 1 (tomorrow) is true?

Btw, I know I can download and flash the official build, but I am testing to see if removing root and bootstrap will allow the official build to download and install...if not, then it is time to factory reset since I am on stock.

Edit: SBF not factory reset. I removed BlockBuster and City ID and MAdden (uninstalled not froze) so that could be part of my problem with pulling in the OTA.

Last edited:

nubia

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the dx2 is going to get the gingerbread? I just picked up the dx2 over the weekend and love it. Nice upgrade from the dx1. Not that the dx1 was bad. I would recommend them both.

I would love to upgrade to gb though.

Reaction score
Lol my bad there I go being blonde again thought it said may... you know they both start with m its really easy to confuse them

Simpdom

Reaction score
I really didn't have my hopes up but I unrooted and SBFed back to stock over the weekend, and am downloading the official OTA gingerbread update as we speak. Hah! :D

wyld

Reaction score
Taking ota right now pulled from server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!

g02sle3p

Reaction score
Manually updated. File downloading now. Woo!!!

nubia

Reaction score
How and where do I pull from server?. Thank you for your help....

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

nubia

Reaction score
I tried going to settings then check for updates and all I get is your device is up to date no reason to update now. Wtf is up with that?

southpaw5

Reaction score
Settings > About phone >System updates

g02sle3p

Reaction score
I manually checked .. ( settings - about phone - check for update ) but it's telling me that I have no space on my phone. Very odd considering I have 6+gigs internal space and 14+gigs on the sd card ...

nubia

Reaction score
Settings > About phone >System updates

I have done this many times. It tells me I'm up to date.????. What's up with that?